Miscellaneous Rumbles

25 year milestone AA

Good on you, Wade. Comming from a long line of alcoholics I’ve seen and felt many family disasters. It’s never too late.

That's a BIG deal, man! Congratulations!

Great job Wade. Now if we could just break your addiction to surgeries. (Sarcasm as to the last part -- if you couldn't tell)

Thanks for the all the encouragement everybody, I really appreciate it. I added a new chip to my collection, I've got a pretty big stack of them now. My old home group is open, but a lot are still closed.

Looking back, I used to envy the 'old timers', who had decades of sobriety. Now I'm one of them. The program teaches us in the 12th step : "

"Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs".

In other words, the final step involves helping others and serves as motivation for many to become sponsors themselves. By going through the 12 steps, individuals have a major internal shift and part of that shift is a desire to help others. We are called to pay back the program by actively helping the new people.

I've not been as active in AA as I used to be, but I do my best to incorporate it into my daily life, and I do not hesitate to pay back by helping others.

Register Sign in to join the conversation