Miscellaneous Rumbles

Maybe a reason to visit Chattanooga?

I wonder if Nobody knows about this?

Nobody knows, get it?

The aquarium is reason enough to visit Chattanooga.

If anybody knows about Chattanooga, Nobody does.

Nobody knows... Primo location and the collection is legit. Haven't been in yet but know some stuff. Will eventually.

I wonder if this museum is going to have any Gretsch products on display or is it simply going to be a shrine to Gibson and Fender? From the mid '30's to the mid '50's there were some great instruments, archtops predominating, manufactured and with 1700 guitars going to be displayed, it would be nice to see a good cross section of all makers represented.

Nobody knows... Primo location and the collection is legit. Haven't been in yet but know some stuff. Will eventually.

– Nobody

Thanks for that.

I wonder if this museum is going to have any Gretsch products on display or is it simply going to be a shrine to Gibson and Fender? From the mid '30's to the mid '50's there were some great instruments, archtops predominating, manufactured and with 1700 guitars going to be displayed, it would be nice to see a good cross section of all makers represented.

– Windsordave

If you go to their website, you'll see that they also tout a Gretsch collection.

If you go to their website, you'll see that they also tout a Gretsch collection.

– Tartan Phantom

Thanks. Their site says they have a selection of Gretsches, both solid and hollowbodies.

Thanks. Their site says they have a selection of Gretsches, both solid and hollowbodies.

– Windsordave

But apparently they didn't highlight Gretsch in the video, because they are "old Grandpa guitars" and nobody wants to see them...

But that's what museums are suppose to cater to....old farts.....young people visit music stores! Bring on the hollowbodies!

Now there's an idea, a hollowbody museum. Sure would leave all those Fender planks on the outside looking in. And Gibson would be well represented.

Looks like a fantastic place. I knew a little bit about it but didn't know it was that big. My wife's cousin's husband is actually the General Manager. I'd love to take a trip down there and take a tour and see some of the other interesting sites.

But apparently they didn't highlight Gretsch in the video, because they are "old Grandpa guitars" and nobody wants to see them...

– Tartan Phantom

Your line or theirs, Rob? They do seem a bit light in the Gretsch department. But, they do mention having the first pink sparkly Jet. Sorry for the poor description, by the way. I lost count of the times the word Surf was mentioned, but it was up there in the hundreds (not really). It will cost you an extra twenty to see their super special Vault collection.

Beautiful guitars, but I'd rather know their history than their monetary value. I wish them lots of luck.

Deed, I'm not a Grandpa, but I play a Grandpa guitar on TV...

proudly!

Does anybody know whose private collection this is? I could not find anything about it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation