Other Players

The Rev Playing in Philly Wed 12/13/17

Heads-up to Philly area GDP'ers: The Reverend Horton Heat is playing Ardmore Music Hall just outside of Philly on 12/13/17. Big Sandy and the Blasters are opening. I think that's one I'm not gonna miss. I've never seen the Rev in person. The Ardmore Music Hall is a great spot. Would be great to see some fellow GDP'ers there. Also just noticed the Brian Setzer Orchestra is playing the Kimmel Center in Philly this Friday (11/17)....unfortunately can't make that one.

Rev is a road warrior, dispensing the Gospel of Gretsch wherever he goes.

Add Junior Brown for the St. Pete on Dec-20.

• Rev Horton Heat
  • Junior Brown
  • The Blasters
  • Big Sandy

Just may have to go!

He’s playing here in Portland in mid January for five bucks a ticket. Someone pinch me!

Last time I saw the Rev in Philly, it was with X.

– crowbone

I know the Rev has played Philly numerous times over the years, probably at the Ardmore when it was the Ardmore Cabaret and the old Ambler Cabaret. For whatever reasons, I missed him. Taking off the next two days from work so no excuse not to go this time around (my days of going to a club show, getting home at 1:00am and then getting up early the next morning and going to work are long gone). Back in the 80's I used to love going to the old Ardmore Cabaret. We'd get out to Lancaster Ave early, grab a bite to eat and then check out the guitars and amps at Medley Music, which was just down the road and then hit the Ardmore for the show.

Enjoy.

I won't be going out to shows anytime soon, but I've seen RHH about a half dozen times, always a good time.

I've had this on my calendar for six weeks. Maybe I'll see you there Gretschadelphia...

That was a good show indeed. Post-interview passes!

– crowbone

I’ve seen the rev, I’ve seen X... but never together... I’m so jealous!!!

Hey Redrocker...roll tape!

That would be a great show to see! I'll be just getting back from New York that day..hmmm. Mrs. Metman and I are going to the Brian Setzer Orchestra show tomorrow at the Kimmel Center. Can't wait !

I know the Rev has played Philly numerous times over the years, probably at the Ardmore when it was the Ardmore Cabaret and the old Ambler Cabaret. For whatever reasons, I missed him. Taking off the next two days from work so no excuse not to go this time around (my days of going to a club show, getting home at 1:00am and then getting up early the next morning and going to work are long gone). Back in the 80's I used to love going to the old Ardmore Cabaret. We'd get out to Lancaster Ave early, grab a bite to eat and then check out the guitars and amps at Medley Music, which was just down the road and then hit the Ardmore for the show.

– Gretschadelphia

Back in my 80s/early 90s Phila days there was the Chestnut Cabaret.. .I remember that place. That's where I got to meet and hang w/ Roy Buchanan which was a huge deal for me. Talked guitars and music for 20 minutes or so.

The Chesnut was the flagship of the three cabarets. In the 80's/90's they had tons of great bands play there. Got to see Los Lobos w/ the Paladins opening....how's that for a show? They also showcased the hottest local bands. In the 80's Tommy Conwell looked like he was gonna be the next big thing out of Philly and he used to rock the Chesnut monthly. Tommy never quite got there, but his shows were legendary and he was (and still is) a monster guitar player. Saw some real legends at the Chesnut: Roger McGuinn, Danny Gatton, Los Lobos, Steve Earle, Dave Alvin(solo and w/ The Blasters), Nils Lofgren, Clarence Clemons, John Lee Hooker, David Bromberg, Jimmy Cliff, The Stray Cats, and a bunch more I just can't remember right now. Getting even more stoked to finally see the Rev in person.

Register Sign in to join the conversation