Other Players

Sister Rosetta Tharpe

Always saw her with an SG, but here she is with a Gretsch...pretty cool.

Check the past postings around here or on the 'tube as there is a clip of her playing it.

I think the later vids show the SG custom.

There is at least one vid of her playing the Annie; it sounded way bluesy, probably out of a Supro/Gretsch amp.

Found the link. Tip o' the hat to Otter who first posted it. Enjoy! Dang internal link isn't working. It's in "On the Tube" from a month ago at the bottom of page one/top of page two.

One of my fave pics of her. With a '52 Les Paul.

Note the missing knobs.

That's my kind of gospel.

Check out her playing the song "That's All" with the Anni. You can even hear some tube amp distortion (fuzz?) at the beginning. I enjoy hearing her sing as much as I do play...can't listen to her without smiling!

Check out her playing the song "That's All" with the Anni. You can even hear some tube amp distortion (fuzz?) at the beginning. I enjoy hearing her sing as much as I do play...can't listen to her without smiling!

– MarkH

Is this my imagination but when I listen to that song I can't help but hear her influence I'm Scotty Moore's playing? Or maybe she wasn't an influence on him but they had common influences that they shared.

What do you guys think?

Great song, great playing.

Register Sign in to join the conversation