Other Players

Simply the greatest

If the world had never been touched by this mans music it would be a shallow empty shell. No other person has had such an impact on touching our minds our souls, and sparking our sense of adventure and awe through the palette of music....

I wasn't a diehard fan, but always appreciated him and some others for constant reinvention, trying bold new things, and leading the way. Would say his 1983-84 Let's Dance era was my favorite. Neil Young was someone who also changed, did different things -- not always successfully but dared to be different, rather than just repeat what made them famous.

I think I told this story at The RoundUp...

The Spiders from Mars Tour played The Tower Theater in Philly for something like 22 Shows. My first concert, in 9th Grade?, early 1973, was somewhere in the middle of that run.

Spellbinding until Ronson delivered a Power Chord, which seemed to move you 1 row further back!

David Bowie earned all that he had, I don't believe much was given to him.

I love this man. He has enriched my life through so many different and interesting musical styles. Incredible musician I will continue to listen to for the rest of my days.

Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars was the first album I bought with my own money.

A game changer in my life for sure.

I think I told this story at The RoundUp...

The Spiders from Mars Tour played The Tower Theater in Philly for something like 22 Shows. My first concert, in 9th Grade?, early 1973, was somewhere in the middle of that run.

Spellbinding until Ronson delivered a Power Chord, which seemed to move you 1 row further back!

David Bowie earned all that he had, I don't believe much was given to him.

– Twangmeisternyc

I believe it after reading that Ronson ripped his Les Paul custom through a 200 watt (!!!) Marshall Major. I just turned 33, so obviously never saw that kind of horsepower live, but can only assume it was needed because PA systems must have sucked back then? I just saw a Firebird into a 15 watt Princeton fill the electric factory in September, so that's why I ask...

Register Sign in to join the conversation