Other Players

Shakin’ Pyramids

I was a huge fan back in the day and I just found their debut LP on YouTube:

Skin 'Em Up

One of the few bands that didn't suffer from the over-production of the early 80's that was so prevalent at the time (Stray Cats were similarly blessed, but in a different way).

I'm not sure they ever made it over the pond, but take a listen and see what you think.

I saw where they are doing a reunion show soon. I remember them from their debut.

I saw where they are doing a reunion show soon. I remember them from their debut.

– spike

Really?!? I'd shift heaven and earth to see that.

Loved the Shakin' Pyramids. They toured frequently throughout Canada in the early 80's and my band the Draggnetts opened for them several times. Got to know them quite well, Railroad Ken was a real gent. Give me a bit and I'll post some pics from their Edmonton and Saskatoon gigs.

They were/are a great band. I always really loved their take on The Everlys’ “You Can Bet”, on their second LP Celts and Cobras.

Really?!? I'd shift heaven and earth to see that.

– Deke Martin

Wish I could remember the details - it was a big weekender show coming up. California maybe? If I see the ad again I will update.

Well I found it - it was the 60's surf band The Pyramids, not the Shakin' Pyramids. Restless was on the bill as well so maybe that's why I misremembered. Riverside CA this weekend.

Register Sign in to join the conversation