Other Players

Setzer says ‘The Stray Cats will strut again’

Don't know if this was posted here earlier but I just read this here:

http://www.ocregister.com/a...

It would be nice to see another Stray Cats show I think. Now what would you like to see on the setlist?

Freebird or Stairway to Heaven, if requests are being taken.

Seriously, anything that they play would be fun to hear again, wouldn't it?

They all do a reunion at some point, and why not?

It would be great to see them do thorough tour of the US, or at least somewhere in TX or LA.

Heck ya!! I hope they do tunes from Choo Choo Hotfish!

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™ (actually loves hippies)

Elvis On Velvet, Cry Baby, Please Don't Touch, Sleepwalk and Mystery Train come to mind from Choo Choo Hotfish.

Haha! I thought I had seen my last Stray Cats show in 2008 when they did their farewell tour...

I know they have to play the hit records but I wouldn't mind if they don't play Sexy and seventeen, Rock this town, Stray cat strut... Not saying I don't like these songs, don't get me wrong because I do, there are just so much more great songs they rarely did live. Just Runaway Boys would be enough for me.

I also would like to hear some of Choo Choo Hot fish! I saw the Stray Cats for the first time in 1992 when that record came out. I would like them to play: Elvis On Velvet, Cry Baby, Please Don't Touch.

Another song that comes to mind is Nine Lives, that song is perfect.

Heck ya!! I hope they do tunes from Choo Choo Hotfish!

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™ (actually loves hippies)

They did Cry Baby and Lust'n'Love when I saw them in Stockholm back in 2008. Since they haven't made any new recordings since then, there's more than a fair chance that they'll still be on the setlist, right...? ;)

Anders

My One Desire, Storm the Embassy, Crawl Up and Die...

My One Desire, Storm the Embassy, Crawl Up and Die...

– Cad Green

Have they ever played Crawl up and Die Live? Cool song!

Wouldn't it be cool if they are going on tour to promote a new album.

Wouldn't it be cool if they are going on tour to promote a new album.

– JW

That would be awesome!

Another vote here for Storm the embassy and Crawl up and die. Good stuff!

Oh damn, play it all, 6 hour stage show. Coffee them up. Don't let them off stage till it's done. Film it.

Wouldn't it be nice if they toured supporting a Rockabilly/twang festival this spring/summer?

Stray Cats headline, support acts Rev. Horton Heat, Legendary Shack Shakers,Blasters, Duane Eddy, Gorillas, and others too numerous to mention? 3 stages 3 days, concessions, swap meet, car show, beer, girls, guitars. It'd be bigger than Disney!

I saw them too on their last tour. It was in Amsterdam but the show was ruined by the sound guy.

Time for redemption, I say.

I saw this article from a facebook feed yesterday and will be on the lookout for updates on this. I hope they make a hometown Long Island swing......maybe the Paramount in Huntington? One can hope!!!

They canceled their show in 2008 in Vienna because pre-sale was lacking. So, Brian if you read this: You owe Austria one show!

And BTW: Play songs from "ROCK THERAPY" and some from "Lets go faster"

I saw them too on their last tour. It was in Amsterdam but the show was ruined by the sound guy.

Time for redemption, I say.

– Ger (aka Ratrod)

That was in the HMH right? I don't recall the sound being bad (but also don't recall the sound being good either). What bothered me more was the lighting, the bright moving beams which blinded me every seven seconds or so.

That was in the HMH right? I don't recall the sound being bad (but also don't recall the sound being good either). What bothered me more was the lighting, the bright moving beams which blinded me every seven seconds or so.

– Mike2000

Yes it was HMH. Bass was farty, guitar was brittle and not enough in the mix.

When I saw the BSO it was all fine.

I was also at the BSO show there, if I recall correctly his amp died during the first song? The sound was good at that show, but I think the band wasn't very tight. It was not the wel oiled machine like it was when The Dirty Boogie came out.

LOL, yeah that amp squealed like a pig. They weren't as good as the 'live in Japan' DVD. But I was glad enough they played here at all.

LOL, yeah that amp squealed like a pig. They weren't as good as the 'live in Japan' DVD. But I was glad enough they played here at all.

– Ger (aka Ratrod)

Yes, that's what I mean. I saw the BSO a couple of times in Amsterdam, first in De Melkweg 1994, then in Paradiso late '90s I think and the HMH show.

I think I would really like a reunion of the '68 Comeback Special promoting a new album ignition style...

Last night I saw the BSO do AC/DC's "Let There Be Rock", so anything is possible!!

(it brought the house down, BTW... one of the most popular tunes of the night)

Register Sign in to join the conversation