Other Players

RIP Patti Page

Rest in eternal peace Ms. Page. You were one of the greats and will be sorely missed.

And for those who only knew her sweet side, with Tennessee Waltz or How Much is that Doggie?, here's Conquest (later covered by the White Stripes):

Conquest

Clara Ann Fowler. She certainly went on to become quite a success.

I had forgotten what a great vocalist she really was.

My friends and I play 'Tennessee Waltz' from time to time and I always geeze about how, for a while, you couldn't escape her singing that damn song every time you turned on TV or radio.

I feel kinda bad about that now. She really was, as Bear said, one of the greats

Someone just reminded me... Another of her hits was "How Much Is That Doggie In The Window"

She deserves better rememberance. Check out her YouTube and avoid the two abovementioned songs

Old Cape Cod was another great one by the great one. She was born and raised around the Tulsa area in NE Oklahoma. Another of the great lady singers of that era, Kay Starr was born in Dougherty, OK, just north of my town, Ardmore.

Patti Page was smooth as silk. Tennessee Waltz has one of the most beautiful melodies ever, imo, but sad lyrics. She was "The Singing Rage, Miss Patti Page," for decades. Her career was a long and successful one. A very beautiful Lady.

Register Sign in to join the conversation