Other Players

Richard Fortus Falcon user…

Long Story that I'll keep as cogent as I can.

Yesterday was an interesting day. Through friends I was able to bring one of my builds to Richard Fortus during a Guns N Roses sound check at the Prudential Center in Newark NJ. Obviously the incredible amount of cool pristine equipment was a highlight but so were the people, all low key great people doing their jobs and doing them well. During the SC I was given a set of in ear monitors so I'd be able to hear for the rest of the day and got to check out all the guitars. I was surprised to see a White and black Falcon on the rack that get a lot of use. Talking about Gretsch I found that Richard has had several Gretsch units over the years.

Nice! The sound must have been huge! I'm guessing he is running the Gretsch's through some type of Marshall type amp?

Nice! The sound must have been huge! I'm guessing he is running the Gretsch's through some type of Marshall type amp?

– Gretsch6123

Richard's guitar tech is a busy guy, during the SC he switched 99% of the effects.

He was on the cover of, I believe AMS catalogue, recently, with the White Falcon. I took it to the band room and dropped it on our coffee table.

I'll bet that was a cool day. Good on ya, Curt! Luthier to the rockstars!

WooHoo!

It was a very cool day, I'm fortunate to have friends that recommend me. Life doesn't suck at the moment.

– Gretsch6123

Technically perfect but loud as hell, these aren't an option they're a necessity.

Did he try the Schoolhoused?

He did and spent as much time as he could with it, texted me today and said he "loved it".

He did and spent as much time as he could with it, texted me today and said he "loved it".

– Curt Wilson

Congrats Curt! Well deserved, it's a great guitar!

Well thanks, lots-o-great players have spent some quality time playing this one.

Register Sign in to join the conversation