Other Players

Remarkable Blueberry Hill

Right up there with Tro Lo Lo. Tsar Putin is in excellent form.

What the hell was that!?! And what were Goldie Hawn and Curt Russell doing there??

Hold on here.....is this some kind of clever joke? Is that dude really Putin.....You're putin me on, right?

The footage of Putin looked genuine, although I think the audio was dubbed. But the audience shots were completely cut in and were not genuine at all. Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, Sharon Stone, Maria Shriver, Kevin Costner, etc.

Getting ready for his visit to The White House maybe knock out a few tunes there.

I think he was singing along with the other guy, who appeared to be able to sing on key, thereby covering for Mr Putin on the ritz.

Much like Bill Clinton playing saxamaphone, Tsar Vladimir wants to appear somewhat normal to the serfs. The Stars being added to the video isn't too surprising. The KGB often doctored photos since the days of Stalin, and Putin was in the KGB for years.

Nope. According to ABC News...

The scene was a children's charity dinner in Putin's native St. Petersburg. The audience was dotted with the likes of Sharon Stone, Kevin Costner and Goldie Hawn. The crowd cheered him on, swaying and clapping as Putin sang. Stone flashed a peace sign.

Egged on by the evening's emcee, Putin took the stage, saying, "Like an overwhelming majority of people, I can neither sing nor play but I very much like doing it," according to Reuters.

Putin initially took a seat at the piano, carefully playing the opening notes to "Blueberry Hill" before heading over to the microphone.

The prime minister's spokesman said Putin learned the lyrics to the song in his English class and takes music lessons when he has time.

Kevin Costner sat at Putin’s table.

I think he was singing along with the other guy, who appeared to be able to sing on key, thereby covering for Mr Putin on the ritz.

– Richard Hudson

What's weird about Putin on the ritz?

– Strummerson

Those serrations are gonna hurt.

Zoinks! Oh the humanity!

Not even a “Well, I’ll be darned!” from the speculators? A planeful, or many private planes full of internationally known film stars (and a few singersongwriters thrown in) to support a charity that did not receive one ruble from the festive event.

Thats a pretty sad situation, where we headed with all this Fake News and interference in the Eurovision Song Contest voting. Maybe the sanctions will help with less sing a longs and air miles . Hopefully he will leave out learning the guitar and not learn the Trembler.Gotta smile otherwise i would cry.

Yeah, I don't know.

I think "you can't make this stuff up," and I try to be charitable...and then I wonder where Putin lay on that continuum of human character along which there's some point beyond which someone has done so much evil, been so destructive of the general good, that we should no longer allow their little common human foibles to amuse us.

I haven't studied Putin's activities enough to answer that (does he just get bad partisan press in the West, or is he really a deep-down bad man?) - or maybe we're waiting for the judgment of history.

But, to trot out the ultimate example which defines what I'm talking about, no amount of cavorting with small children, joking around with Eva, or being nice to cats can quite humanize Hitler for me.

I'm saying it may or may not be cute that Putin likes old rock & roll and has a self-deprecating sense of humor about his attempts at it.

It is kinda hard for me to understand what Kevin Costner, et al, had to gain by such an appearance. Vladimir is certainly not a role model. My daughter and son in law lived and worked in Moscow for a little over 5 years. Son in law still makes business trips there frequently. Moscow has come a long way, but still a long shot from Oklahoma City. And, not just talking miles/kilometers either.

Patton may have had the right idea.

Not even a “Well, I’ll be darned!” from the speculators? A planeful, or many private planes full of internationally known film stars (and a few singersongwriters thrown in) to support a charity that did not receive one ruble from the festive event.

– Deed Eddy

One of my favorite songs by The Offspring is "Stuff is Messed Up":

"Now, I don't know, and it's hard to explain But it seems like things are just kind of insane Because the world is crying, but nobody's listening So, please leave a message on my cell phone I see bullets getting better, biblical weather And that guy on TV is, like, a total a..h... Who are you wearing tonight? Celebrity fundraiser type Black ties making wrongs right How's your social Band-Aid?"

Register Sign in to join the conversation