Other Players

Premier Guitar online rig rundown, JD McPherson

While its not news about JD McPherson using a nocturne brain preamp in his rig, it is cool that Premierguitar.com is going to do a rig rundown. They posted this pic on FB and asked what we thought..so I guess in a week or so there will be a vid? Keep an eye out.

Wow! Zero dirt pedals. What amp?

I love JD's music and his gear! Before they closed shop I was considering a Texotica amp.

That "JD Diddley" guit is sharp!

cheers to the late great texotica

but he needs a moonshine'39 now

whats the problem?

haha

hey t, what kinda setting is that on the dyno b?? slight bit of "clean" boost??

cheers

cheers to the late great texotica

but he needs a moonshine'39 now

whats the problem?

haha

hey t, what kinda setting is that on the dyno b?? slight bit of "clean" boost??

cheers

– neatone

N, He's got a good setting for the Gain on the right as 11-12 is unity gain on the Dynobrain now. He has employed the bass cut all the way back to 7 oclock which is basically the "modern" mode and responds similar to pedals like the EP boost with a bit better mids spread due to the coloring of an RE301.

While its not news about JD McPherson using a nocturne brain preamp in his rig, it is cool that Premierguitar.com is going to do a rig rundown. They posted this pic on FB and asked what we thought..so I guess in a week or so there will be a vid? Keep an eye out.

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

That Eddie Angel guitar solo is about the most rediculous yet awesome solo ever. Hilarious.

Shame about Texotica. One of the few guys making Fender Brown clones.... I was looking to maybe get one as well.... I've had tweed, I've had Blackface, and it seems in-betweeb is what I'm after (which is what the new 68 Custom amps are, pretty much, despite their silverface cosmetics). So was the Custom Vibrolux Reverb that everyone loves to hate so much.

Looking forward to the video! I've never seen PG do a rig rundown and NOT do a video...

Ruger, except maybe the odd one-off, Texotica didn't build brown Fender amp clones, their amps were slightly tweaked tweed circuits.

Ruger, except maybe the odd one-off, Texotica didn't build brown Fender amp clones, their amps were slightly tweaked tweed circuits.

– WB

I can't claim to know for sure, but I know I read while they were selling amps that they were brownface circuits, and the tremolo-only/no reverb would seem to confirm that somewhat. But I never talked to him, so I can't claim to know for sure.

Register Sign in to join the conversation