Other Players

Paul Pigat - Boxcar Campfire - The Game

It dawned on me this hasn't been mentioned on here yet, at least not that I've seen or could find. Paul Pigat's latest Boxcar Campfire album "The Game" has been out for a few months already, and it's really damn good. I really liked the first Boxcar Campfire album a lot, and this one, is even better. If you haven't picked up a copy, I'd highly recommend it.

Here's a recent interview with Paul, including a few tracks from the album:

https://www.cbc.ca/player/p...

That interview is session is fantastic. Have a listen in particular to the title track, The Game. As they discuss, it's very Randy Newmanish. Terrific fingerstyle to perfectly accompany the vocals.

That’s a very interesting interview, thanks for sharing!

@Paul, great and impressive new album, congrats! I hope you‘re visiting germany this year...but tell me, where can I buy the album? Still not available on iTunes?

Great interview, and super cool music to my ear holes!

They f&#cked up my order twice already, so i'll have to do with the radio-show for now.

I can't wait to hear the full cd, as i was very impressed with the first Boxcar Campfire.

Really nice, relaxed interview. Fantastic music throughout. Full marks!

@Paul, great and impressive new album, congrats! I hope you‘re visiting germany this year...but tell me, where can I buy the album? Still not available on iTunes?

– Stefan

I got my copy from CDBaby. You can either get a CD or download the album.

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd...

Damn!! It was supposed to be on iTunes 2 months ago. I’m on it!!

– Stefan

And yes!! We will be in Germany in a month. We have a couple shows and 5 clinics!!

And yes!! We will be in Germany in a month. We have a couple shows and 5 clinics!!

– paul pigat

Cool. Where can I get dates?

Register Sign in to join the conversation