Other Players

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band

Had a chance to see the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band up in Flagstaff at the Coconino County Fair Saturday Night. Of the original members, only Jeff Hannah and Jimmy Fadden remain along with Bob Carpenter, who has been with them for 40 years. They were joined by Jaime Hannah, Jeff's son on lead guitar, Ross Holmes on fiddle and mandolin and Jim Photoglo on guitar and bass. Photoglo wrote their hit, Fishin' in the Dark before he joined the group. This was the third time I have seen them and they had different lineups each time. But they always put on a great show. This one was a very small venue under a tent and we were up close, great seats until some people got up and started dancing in front of us. I had inadvertently left my phone in the car and one of the people with us snapped this.

I meant to add, that Jeff and Jaime Hannah were making good use of a Black Duo Jet with Dynas, passing it back and forth between songs. along with the Telecasters, a Strat and a Les Paul.

Love the Dirt Band, but it never seems the same without Ibby.

I've also always liked the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Don. It looks like it was a great show, I'm glad you got to see it.

Just seen that the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band are appearing on tonight's season premiere of Bluegrass Underground on PBS.

Always full of talented musicians. I’d love to see them someday.

Actually, Jaime and Jeff each have Duo Jets. Show just ran again this afternoon. Great show. Love the series as well. Luckily, PBS does reruns on the side channels.

The group's been together since '62. Pretty good run!

Register Sign in to join the conversation