Other Players

New Richard Thompson EP

New EP released on Bandcamp. Recorded during the COVID lockdown, all acoustic new tunes from Richard Thompson. Amazing as ever.

Yes, yes, yes!

I've been waiting for this since he's mentioned it on his nearly weekly podcasts.

Extra stoked that he's moved to Jersey and is only an hour and a half from my house!

RT moved to New Jersey? Dang, there's some news. Since I originated in NJ I am interested whether he moved to the Mayhem of North Jersey or the Slightly Less Manic State of South Jersey.

RT moved to New Jersey? Dang, there's some news. Since I originated in NJ I am interested whether he moved to the Mayhem of North Jersey or the Slightly Less Manic State of South Jersey.

– DCBirdMan

Montclair

Dang not that far from my ancestral home of Westfield.

I went to college there!

Lived off campus, in Glen Ridge with my room mate, Jay, and the lady who was renting out her sons rooms was dating Alex Haley!

– DCBirdMan

Just in case you need a reminder....it's Taylor Ham and NOT Pork Roll. This is important!

Just in case you need a reminder....it's Taylor Ham and NOT Pork Roll. This is important!

– NJDevil

WRONG!!!!

Thompson's turned Yankee????

– Billy Zoom

Yeah, he lives in New Jersey nowadays. During the whole Covid-19 thing, he's been doing acoustic shows from his home, and posting them on YouTube.

Here's one of his 2nd at home performance, where he tells how he's performing from his home, and is finding the whole lockdown situation a little weird.

This is his most recent home performance (July 5), where he talks about his recent EP release and performs EP songs - with a twist!!!

LOOVE Richard Thompson!!! There's something about a player, who has people at his shows shout out requests for him to "play something depressing!" He even admits that a lot of his music is depressing. His electric stuff is cool ("Sydney Wells" is my favorite electric Richard Thompson song), but I especially like his acoustic stuff. His album "Acoustic Classics" (the acoustic version of "Wall of Death" is much better IMO, than the electric version) gets significant play time. His music is so edgy sounding, and is fun to play on guitar!

I'm a big fan of that Vincent Van Gough of the acoustic guitar - Nick Drake (like Van Gough, Nick Drake was a tortured soul, who was a flop successwise, when he was alive, but since his death, has become well known as one of the the best English folk music performers). Richard Thompson was the session guitarist in Nick Drake's first 2 albums. He said it was magical playing with Nick.

Register Sign in to join the conversation