Other Players

Mike Campbell - The Guitars

Very nice documentary, well worth the time:

Makes you wonder what will happen with Petty's collection -- some familes keep all, others keep a few and auction the rest. For example, the Entwistle collection -- his son only kept a few - at least that's what I heard.

thanks for the heads up...always wanted to see the episodes/series complete and all in a row like that!!! great guitars!!

directed by justin kreutzmann..son of grateful deads drummer- bill

cheers

This is great. I agree with what he said at the end on how every guitar has a sweet spot. I experienced this recently when choosing guitars to record with. It's fun!

Thanks for posting. I’ve seen half and looking forward to the rest after dinner. Fun night.

Thanks for the head's up. I've started watching this during my morning treadmill routine. Wasn't this originally available on Petty's website for a fee?

I dunno about the Petty-website. I came across this on YT and thought I'd share it here :)

I know right!

I had bookmarked it to watch at leisure and it's now a dead link.

Bugger...

Darn. I'd gotten as far as Rickenbackers. The Gretsch guitars were up next.

And just when i had time to watch,ffs.

Looks like it's back up fellas. Grab it while you can.

Glad I caught it when it was up. But unless I missed a part, no Red Dog?

Cheers Huw,it was worth the wait !

It’s funny, I was looking for information on just “which” Gretsch model would be best for slide/bottleneck and ran into this video posted on YT. In the end, I guess it’s which pickups sound best for slide. Any comments on which pups you prefer for slide playing?

Link

Mike Campbell plays Chet Atkins finger style

Cool and thanks! Funny guy! Always liked his playing, did what the song sneeded!

If I had a 6120 if would have to be one of those deep orange, almost red ones. Love that colour more than the lighter orange. Like what George Harrison said. I would say Fenders have a more perfect sound but Gretschs have much more character and aesthetic clout.

I found the whole thing.

– Bob Howard

Thanks. Did you notice the first one He is holding when he begins is an old Gretsch Model 30 ?? Very cool, I hadn't seen the entire series of vids.

I was hoping he would say more about it.

That was big fun --- thanks for posting the link!

I quite enjoyed that, Bob. Thanks for posting the link.

Register Sign in to join the conversation