Other Players

Mel Bay frenzy

Some one just gave me a collection of about 10 Mel Bay instruction books. Fun looking them over... oldies for sure

9 titles... 2 have dupe copies. Have only seen maybe 3 of these before.

I grew up on Mel Bay -- especially the "Guitar Method" books (upper right). I went through grades 1 through 7..... back in the day, late 1950's. The books were intended for students working with teachers -- not "teach yourself-ers".

Quite a product line extension he had going!

I grew up on Mel Bay -- especially the "Guitar Method" books (upper right). I went through grades 1 through 7..... back in the day, late 1950's. The books were intended for students working with teachers -- not "teach yourself-ers".

– senojnad

yep, I had one, but I used it to teach myself how to play. never had a teacher.

I went through the "Modern Guitar Method" set, vols 1 through 6, starting in 1967. I still use "Hitting On All Six" from Book One as the start of my warm up.

No idea where the books went. They all had the same cover, same guitar, just the colors were different.

Blue, Red, Green, Orange, Purple and.... darn, can't recall, nor for that matter would I bet on having the order right.

That's a cool walk down memory lane Birdman, I used them on several instruments. I love old music books like that, Mel Bay was the best one for beginners. Have fun going through them.. and a 1 and a 2 and a.....

Register Sign in to join the conversation