Other Players

Jason Aldean on SNL

In a surprise, Jason Aldean opened SNL with Tom Petty's I Won't Back Down. Whatever one thinks of SNL or Aldean , it was a classy move in these divided times. Good on them both. Hopefully there'll be more efforts like it.

We watched it live on SNL. Had no idea Jason Aldean was on and his Tom Pretty tribute was a total surprise. Very well done and an excellent tribute to T. Petty.... "First Class"...!

The respect showed to Tom Petty was truly a class act. The fact that Jason Aldean went on SNL after the Las Vegas tragedy proves that "the show must go on." That says a lot for him.

When Tom and Band played that song soonafter 9/11 on the Telethon it was just as determined.

Good for Jason and his Band...

Having been in Reno last week, the repercussions are being felt all over Nevada, and surely most everywhere else. I met a family while House Hunting that had two friends of their HS aged daughter wounded...

Do with the info what you will.... I sure hope it's not true, as that would make Aldean a profiteering asshole (altho that would not surprise me from him)

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/...

PS- just because it's TMZ doesn't mean its automatically false. I don't watch TMZ, hell I barely watch TV at all, but it's out there now....

That is some kind of shite hatchet job even by TMZ standards. Some guy wants a performer to play at his event and somehow its incumbent on the performer to say yes? What a POS for even biatching about it.

I have no fault with the choice he made.

That is some kind of shite hatchet job even by TMZ standards. Some guy wants a performer to play at his event and somehow its incumbent on the performer to say yes? What a POS for even biatching about it.

– spike

Supposedly it wasn't just Aldean.... who knows...

I can’t imagine the amount of guilt or responsibility that all of the artists who were part of the Country festival must be carrying. We know it’s not their fault, but put yourself in their shoes for a few minutes...it must be painful.

I have seen Jason Andean treat his young fans with sincere kindness when it would have been easy to walk the other way.

So who is Dana White? It sounds like a ploy on his part. Probably didn't want to pay. As for Jason Aldean, SNL is a far larger audience than a UFC crowd and they likely contacted him first. To be honest, I don't think I'd want to be connected to UFC.

This was certainly not about money. Jason and his wife Brittany visited the hospital in Las Vegas, here is an update for you.

The University Medical Center of Southern Nevada posted to Facebook a photo of Aldean outside of its trauma center Sunday with a message of gratitude to the singer. "Our extreme gratitude to Country Music Star Jason Aldean for visiting UMC today," the post says. "Jason spent time with our patients who were critically injured during the Las Vegas shooting. His visit helped heal hearts and cheer those who were wounded in this tragedy. #vegasstrong."

I read what Dana White's gripe was about and yes, he has excelled in building the UFC as a great sport outlet but he is known for being opinionated and should just stay quiet. No one needs the added friction.

Register Sign in to join the conversation