Other Players

I’d say this terrific player has found “that Great Gretsch Sound!!

Just found this fellow on You Tube and his rendition of OTR is simply captivating. Incredibly wonderful sound on a beautiful 6120. It just doesn't get any better than this. Great example of hybrid picking too.

Nice playing, beautiful guitar and cool dogs. What more could you ask for.

I got virtually acquainted with Jimmy not too long ago, because of his amazing rendition of this old hymn, Amazing Grace. Not on a Gretsch, but beautiful, nonetheless.

Fantastic! Great player! Thank you for sharing that!

Beautiful. Thanks for posting.

Wow love this stuff!

Great touch and tone. Like the dogs too, they look like my Shiloh :)

Absolutely Beautiful!!

He also has a great fan base....!!

Do I spy a Tru-Arc on that 6120?

Ohhhh to be able to play like him! Very well done.

Great, thanks for posting this !

Thanks for posting Dave. Great tone, chord progressions and licks.

If you value over-embellishment of simple tunes to the point of unrecognizability, great technique, I grant you. Exceptional. For me, less is more.

If you value over-embellishment of simple tunes to the point of unrecognizability, great technique, I grant you. Exceptional. For me, less is more.

– jeffed

Translation: I couldn't play anything close to this if there were a gun held to my head.

Not that I need you to mis-interpret my shortcomings as a player by comparison, but I always think that great pieces of music like these require no overstatement, no matter how well done.

Translation: I couldn't play anything close to this if there were a gun held to my head.

– Bluecap

BTW, I've been threatened with a gun to the head before. Then, as now, I stand by everything I said.

I think I’ve heard all of this great players songs on _ tube. He’s got some other great arrangements there. I’d like more. I prefer the ones with a Gretsch and lots of spice. Thanks Dave

Register Sign in to join the conversation