Other Players

I wish I was young and could play like this woman.

Doesn't hurt to have rich and supportive parents.

The lx family home during early adolescence:

"Mom, I want to play guitar."

"You never practice your clarinet anymore! You can buy your own guitar."

– lx

After waiting for many months for a particular guitar teacher to become available to give lessons to my son, we finally got him his first official lesson. He kept declining to practice, claiming "I learn during the lesson." To which I would say, "No, you learn between the lessons. The lessons are to tell you what to work on to learn." Finally, when he wouldn't practice at all, I gave away his electric guitar to a friend's son who was quite deserving of it. There was no second lesson.

This young lady plays quite well, but there is something very noisy about her playing. I am not sure if it is string noise or whether it is her attack. But, quite noisy. And she needs to lose the guitar face and occasionally look happy.

This young lady plays quite well, but there is something very noisy about her playing. I am not sure if it is string noise or whether it is her attack. But, quite noisy. And she needs to lose the guitar face and occasionally look happy.

– Ric12string

Kids her age tend to be about cool and angst. I think she does both well.

I’d wager her teenage girl fans think she’s boss and her teenage boy fans are equally in awe.

My daughter’s talent is singing (not lead guitar) and more than once when I’ve given her unsolicited suggestions about her stage presence she’s reminded me “dad, I’m and artist not a circus animal”

Kids these days

I wish I were young. Period.

– Ric12string

I've already been young, and enjoyed it a lot. If the price for being young again is to lose all the wisdom I've gained since, no thank you very much! I'm enjoying life more now than ever, and in different ways, and looking forward to the rest of the movie to see how it all turns out!

To quote one of my favorite songs:

"Come on, get out of the cold
You may enjoy getting old
Come in to where it is
And you'll be everywhere

Up there, there's a place I know, it's just a good place to go
And if you're gonna go there, let me know and I'll go"

Her tone is better than Santana's. I hope she keeps that guitar for the rest of her life. It seems like the perfect guitar for her.

Her tone is better than Santana's. I hope she keeps that guitar for the rest of her life. It seems like the perfect guitar for her.

– BuddyHollywood

Wow, you said it....I love the tone on that guitar? 335 or CS 336? Sadly, Santana's tone dropped when he went to PRS in my opinion. It just sounds "blah" to me.

I like te fact that she knows the song but improvises too. She really enhances the song with her technique and that age, just think how much better she'll get if she still loves to play in the years to come.

– lx

Me (many many times): "Mom I really want a guitar." Mom: I think you'll like this Dave as you can play in a band and not look for one.
Me: Wow, I never knew a trombone collected so much spit but gee whiz aren't I lucky that I'm one of the very few that can read music in the bass clef.

Less than 2 years later, I got my 1st guitar.....a red Cort Strat copy with a white pickguard!!!

Wow, you said it....I love the tone on that guitar? 335 or CS 336? Sadly, Santana's tone dropped when he went to PRS in my opinion. It just sounds "blah" to me.

I like te fact that she knows the song but improvises too. She really enhances the song with her technique and that age, just think how much better she'll get if she still loves to play in the years to come.

– NJDevil

Her guitar looks like a hollow body ES390 with mini humbuckers

– Ric12string

I think it's jut the chirpiness of the mini humbuckers into whatever high-gain/crunch pedal she was using. Sounds good to me.

Also check out her big grin at the end. She's definitely enjoying herself.

Well she has good taste in music,alot of youngsters her age have no clue this type of music even exists.

I like her version, not detracting from the original too much but still making it her own.

I prefer this young woman's playing and taste!

Register Sign in to join the conversation