Other Players

I just bought HILLBILLY MADNESS by Paul Pigat

Got it - Paul is just such an AMAZING player - The Gretsch folks did the right thing by bringing him on board... Have you seen the book "Rockabilly, The Twang Heard 'Round The World"? Setzer rates him in his top 5 guitarists of all time!

I'll have to check it out...

btw ... the tune on the album "get ready with those tears" is a perfect example of what i would love to hear more of on his next album. Something about that canadian style country I dig.

Got it and love it, along with Jukin and It's a Sin. Looking forward to the new album this year too. I can't imagine being disappointed.

Yes, that undoubtedly rocks hard! I really dig the Western Swing influence in his music as well - I read in an interview with him that not a week goes by that he doesn't listen to "Brisbane Bop" By Jimmie Rogers - speaking of which, I've actually started learning some REAL basic Western Swing - it really is doing wonders for my playing...

Yes, that undoubtedly rocks hard! I really dig the Western Swing influence in his music as well - I read in an interview with him that not a week goes by that he doesn't listen to "Brisbane Bop" By Jimmie Rogers - speaking of which, I've actually started learning some REAL basic Western Swing - it really is doing wonders for my playing...

– Timothy Mason

– Fallen Saint

I need to dig that Brisbane Bop out again, I haven't listened to that in a while.

Got all three of those. Need the Boxcar work next. It's a Sin is on repeat in my car for the last year.

In case there's any uninitiated, Paul Pigat = Cousin Harley.

It's a great album and my first introduction to Paul! One of these days I'm gonna get around to buying his instructional DVD's.

– Timothy Mason

brisbane bop...that would be the great jimmie RIVERS!!...and vance terry, perfect on steel...what a great recording

jimmie n vance 1982

cheers

Man the clips sound great. I just added it to my Amazon Wish List.

Hey Paul... what gear did you record Hillbilly madness with.. Guitars= Amps= Pedals= Mics= Mic Preamp= beer= whisky=

brisbane bop...that would be the great jimmie RIVERS!!...and vance terry, perfect on steel...what a great recording

jimmie n vance 1982

cheers

– neatone

Yes, of course - Jimmie Rivers! Doh!

I gotta get it. I just got his "Rockabilly Electric Guitar" Instructional DVD and it is great. 8-)

Have you really not had that album until now?

– mjcodina

– mjcodina

hey.. werent you listening to Jamiroqui and selling patchouli and glo sticks at raves a few yrs ago? :P

I can see Paul Pigat as a top-5 guitarist. He's super-talented.

you guys are too kind! much appreciated. as to the gear i used, i never take notice of mics and stuff but guitars were my ES 350, custom Lado telecaster, fender double 8 table steel and a haymaker acoustic courtesy of Carolyn Mark. amps were my Ampeg Gu12 and a tweed tremolux. pedals same as always (no box of rock then though and of course it was pre my Nocturne days!) We are working on the first of 2 cds right now (and a 45 which with any luck will be ready for our european tour in May) first all instrumental (i need to get my yayas off on this one!) and the second a classic country/western swing thing that will have to happen in a few months. Thanks again!!!!!!!

Paul, "Noodlin'" just knocked me out. That has to be an audio illusion because the laws of physics say fingers just cannot move faster than the speed of light. BRAVO Mr. Pigat, BRAVO!

ohh an all instrumental Cousin Harley CD?! can't wait. :D

My copy showed up today! Coincidence??... :D

Cant wait to Rip this badboy to my ipod!

It's a Sin is a very good CD. Top compositions, nicely sorted in the perfect order and extremely well recorded and mixed. I'd say keep working with that same team.

Weird. I just looked it up on iTunes, and the first "Listeners also bought..." recommendation is Tavo and The Flat Black Thrillers! Ha ha, good work Tavo!

It's a Sin is a very good CD. Top compositions, nicely sorted in the perfect order and extremely well recorded and mixed. I'd say keep working with that same team.

– Geoff_Vane

'It's a Sin' is an awsome album! I play it very often!

All good tracks, Paul's playing in top notch! Great tone :)

RE: Hillbillly Madness, listened to a few tracks. So far its plain ol awsome!

Weird. I just looked it up on iTunes, and the first "Listeners also bought..." recommendation is Tavo and The Flat Black Thrillers! Ha ha, good work Tavo!

– Nick Broadley

– Onefalsemove

Ha! I bought both of those albums on iTunes 8-)

And Hillbilly Madness is an awesome record!

I'm psyched to hear you're putting out a 45! I'll be scooping that up when it comes out along with any new album you have coming out too.

Why did you wait so long to get that album, Tavo? ;-)

Get them all:

Jukin', Hillbilly Madness, It's a Sin, Boxcar Campfire

Hillbilly is my favorite but the tone on Sin is better.

Register Sign in to join the conversation