Other Players

Happy 84th Birthday Buddy Merrill !

Okay, it was actually yesterday. Happy Birthday Mr. Merrill ! Amazing player. Here's "Buddy's Boogie" with the orchestra from the Lawrence Welk Show:

How about a little steel work..:

Happy Birthday Buddy!

LW was such a cool guy. Love the way he showcased his talented performers individually.

LW was such a cool guy.

I believe that’s the first time I have ever heard “cool” in the same sentence with “LW.” I just don’t hardly know what to make of it!

Happy Birthday, Buddy!

Here's a bit of nostalgia for you --

"A-One-and-a-Two-and-a..............." (People under 75 may not get that.......)

"Or you can have what's behind the curtain where Carol Merrill is standing."

I always got them confused.

Happy Birthday, Buddy!

Here's a bit of nostalgia for you --

"A-One-and-a-Two-and-a..............." (People under 75 may not get that.......)

– senojnad

When I was much much younger in the early 70s - I'm just shy of 57), we used go to my maternal grandparents house for dinner on Saturday night. Grampa (who was a real Archie Bunker - he'd even make you get out of his favorite lazy-boy chair, when he wanted to sit in it), always insisted upon watching the Lawrence Show (which was on TV in syndication on Saturday nights), and you didn't dare switch that TV channel when Lawrence was on, if you wanted to avoid his wrath (I learned that lesson the hard way ). Lawrence was grampa's KIND OF MUSIC! He hated rock 'n roll (my grandma would occasionally play Top 40 AM rock 'n roll songs when she was annoyed with him, to get back at him )

Okay, it was actually yesterday. Happy Birthday Mr. Merrill ! Amazing player. Here's "Buddy's Boogie" with the orchestra from the Lawrence Welk Show:

– Metman

I just watched this - nice chops! And on what looks like a '54 Strat to boot!

He worked his Strat like a champ, that was a super cool boogie! Happy Birthday Buddy!

And there's Larry out there jest-a-GRINnin' and-a-snappin' his FANGers and-a-swingin' his ARMs almost in time, fer all the world like he LIKED it.

I'm delighted to hear Buddy is still with us! Useta watch LW every week. His kind of musicianship is so cool it doesn't need to self-reference.

Register Sign in to join the conversation