Other Players

Glen Campbell and William Tell

Guitar Player Magazine sent me the link to this and I found it interesting aside from the great picking demonstrated. This apparently was one of the first if not the first electrified Ovations. It has the Baldwin Prismatic pickup on it rather than the one Ovation developed. He however is playing a Twin Reverb rather than the Baldwin amp that Baldwin/Burns required that Ovation purchase.

The orchestra's guitar player was playing a Country Gentleman.

Guitar Player Magazine sent me the link to this and I found it interesting aside from the great picking demonstrated. This apparently was one of the first if not the first electrified Ovations. It has the Baldwin Prismatic pickup on it rather than the one Ovation developed. He however is playing a Twin Reverb rather than the Baldwin amp that Baldwin/Burns required that Ovation purchase.

The orchestra's guitar player was playing a Country Gentleman.

– Don Birchett

I have a couple of vids of this, but not this version- at least not until tonight!

Thanks

Man, he flatpicked the heck out of that. Very cool especially how he would shout out to people with reckless disregard to what he was doing yet kept it together. Just Wow!

Don Birchett the orchestra's guitar player is, by my eyes, playing a sunburst Gretsch double cutaway with one string mute and a floating sound unit. Me thinks it's a Viking

Humans do the darnedest things.

Don Birchett the orchestra's guitar player is, by my eyes, playing a sunburst Gretsch double cutaway with one string mute and a floating sound unit. Me thinks it's a Viking

– ewkewk

You may very well be right. I just noticed it in passing and didn't look closely at it. I saw the cutaway and dark color and made the assumption.

I've seen a few videos of Glen shredding on the guitar, and he absolutely amazes me. Thanks for posting this, Don.

Register Sign in to join the conversation