Other Players

Give A Brief Review of Your Latest CD Purchase or Download

Though I don't personally own any of their cds, my sons have everything by this band, King Gizzard and the Wizard Lizard.

Incredible Aussie live band, but not sure if it's the Chet heads cup of tea.

They are into micro-tonal(think extra frets added)

I liked that much of it, at least enough to listen to more.

They are really prolific, too. 5 albums in the last year.

If you get the chance, see them live. It was an intense show.

One of the best albums this year is Neil Finn's "Out of silence". These 10 songs alone justify the creation of the word 'beautiful'. It's of his best work in his whole career, I think. It is a quiet album.

The concept of the making process is also interesting. He had written the songs in advance and decided to rehearse them publicly. So on four Fridays in a row this August he met with friends and relatives in his Roundhouse Studios NZL. The rehearsals were streamed live via his youtube channel. Neil on piano, a full band plus choir, strings, whatever was needed. They played new songs and old favourites. The fourth date was the day of the actual recording of the new material. What you see and hear made it (or better: IS) the album. It took some several takes here and there but it's as honest as can be.

You can still watch every episode on his yt-channel: https://www.youtube.com/use...

Here's a favourite:

Huge fan of Neil's work, be it solo, with Tim, Crowded House, or Split Endz.

This is on my short list of gotta gets.

Huge fan of Neil's work, be it solo, with Tim, Crowded House, or Split Endz.

This is on my short list of gotta gets.

– crowbone

Same here. I have yet to hear any of his material that I haven't loved. I was happy to read Sascha's positive review.

Shortlist item.

Got the new album just released by Warner E. Hodges , guitarist for The Scorchers: Right Back Where I Started. He self produced it with Joe Blanton and Dan Baird. He's always been a big guitar influence,, and he still can crank!

Register Sign in to join the conversation