Other Players

dave edmunds retirement

From the brian setzer facebook page Its with bittersweet announcement that my good friend and guitar legend Dave Edmunds is retiring after tomorrow night’s show.

Dave produced the early Stray Cats albums that spawned Runaway Boys, Stray Cat Strut, Rock This Town, (Sexy) & 17, and I Won’t Stand in Your Way. He flew in to Finland to play his final two shows with me. I wish him all the love in the world in his retirement!

Dave Edmunds was one of the few keeping that style of music alive in the late '70's. Hopefully he still surfaces from time to time. One of the best!

Disregard the goofy period TV studio set but here's good live version of one of my favorites:

I'll post this one for my son as its his favourite.

I got to spend 8 weeks and 14k miles on the road with Dave Edmunds and Rockpile. Just a super nice guy as was the whole band.

One of the best.

– Mr Tubs

Wow, that's a great cover of that song!

Really like Dave's singing on this one. Is this in a lower register than he usually went for?

Those two guitarists are like too much goodness in one place.

I saw Dave sit in with Brian on the Live Nude Guitars tour back in the 80's. Dave had one of Brian's spare Gretsches (pre-RI Gretsch) and kinda smoked him. Great playing by both, though

Register Sign in to join the conversation