Other Players

Darrel Higham Rockabilly Lesson

Wow that was jam packed with good stuff, thanks for posting and thanks to Darrell H. !

Very cool! Someday I'll attempt to learn that style of picking . . . someday. :)

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, Bob. And thank you, Darrel, for taking the time to put that together. It was a fun watch.

@ 2:45.... 'Just hit that and,... and hit anything else .... it'll sound fine...it's more of a noise really.'

Legend.

Perfect timing. This evening I've got a couple of hours of just me, my new 6120DSV and a Paul Pigat DVD. I'll be adding a little bit of DH to the brew too!

Wow!, thanks for posting this!

Very, very, very cool!!! Thanks Rockabillybob and a big thanks to Darrel for posting these lessons on You Tube. 8-)

My pleasure! I'm glad I stumbled on it, and happy that others will benefit. Darrel is a generous guy to share his knowledge that way. All the best to Darrel and Imelda. :D

I'm with you guys. Thanks for posting the videos Darrel! I like the rockabilly picking video from Guitar Magazine as well. I've been watching it over and over to get the picking down. I'm really into Darrel's sound too - I'm hunting around for a Peavey Delta Blues. I really like his sound in the Guitar Magazine videos.

The Paul Pigat finger style DVD opened up travis picking for me. I couldn't be happier with the results from that DVD.

Thanks for the tip on the Guitar magazine video too, Nixer. I looked 'em up on youtube. I really like the Eddie Cochran segment.

Darrel's videos are great, he is an amazing player and though I can't play like him, learning a lot of tips and great stuff from his videos!

Thank you Darrel! That video taught me alot. If you plan to make another video, I would love one with more Eddie Cochran stuff.

Thank you Darrel! That video taught me alot. If you plan to make another video, I would love one with more Eddie Cochran stuff.

– Andreas

– Andreas

There'd be no one better to teach us some Eddie Cochran. Darrel's playing is so tight it's practically a practice tool all of it's own. You know you want to play like that so you just keep trying as you listen.

Just sawthis post at work (don't get youtube in the office) and can't wai to get home and look at this. Thanks for posting.

That is fantastic, thanks for posting and thanks to Darrel for taking the time. Roll on the Albert Hall on May the 4th!

Thanks for posting this, Rockabillybob. Very informative, enjoyable and easy to understand.

Thanks, Darrell.

My pleasure. One of the things I like about this place is the sharing of information.

Register Sign in to join the conversation