Other Players

Baker!

Even tho he didn't play Gretsch drums, here's a documentary about one of the most outrageous figures to ever stomp thru the pages of rock and roll history, ladies and gentlemen,

Mr. Ginger Baker

http://bewareofmrbaker.com

They'll never make them like that again. I stood backstage watching him play with Cream dozens of times and every time he played 'Toad', it was different. A great percussionist and technician.

He knows (or knew) theory and advanced stick and bass drum and hi-hat techniques inside out.

This; Link... Is very disjointed and chaotic, and he seems totally wasted and off his head,.. His 'producer' seems a right twat as well... I certainly don't agree with his opinion of fellow drummer Jon Hiseman.

The man takes the drugs, and then the drugs take the man.

In this 'interview,' it seems as if they are all out of their heads,, Pity, he was amazing once...

His 'producer' seems a right twat as well...

You should read the comments of a member who goes by the user name "ritchie" in the Guitarded thread.

It;s open season on insults.. Didn't you know?

Sorry, I should have said 'di*k'.. Deal with it..

Just tweaking you a bit. Glad you have a sense of humor. Really doesn't bother me. Though it's not ideal, we can't censor those things that we find distasteful. Carry on.

Though it's not ideal, we can't censor those things that we find distasteful. Carry on. tommy59

Why not? Holocaust deniers don't get much airtime.. (and rightly so IMO)

But maybe I shouldn't say that because the Holocaust deniers will all jump out of the woodwork outraged and incensed that they can't say exactly what they want to.... freedom of speech etc. and the Pogroms were all invented and made up anyway..

and I still think that Ginger Baker has lost the plot.

cheers

ps- bakers a great drummer..and his autobiography was an interesting read

Ginger is a great Drummer, there are some great fills in Cream's stuff.

Also, there is a 2009 Baker biography called, appropriately enough, Hellraiser. Could be a good read.

yeah, that's the one i'm talking about...hellraiser...it's actually an autobiography...good read

cheers

People like Ginger are a few and far between, I like how he lives his life I can totally respect it. I really want to see this doc I'm going to have to track it down

I like how he lives his life I can totally respect it. Gretsch6123

I think that breaking your 'producers' nose is a bit excessive and justifying it by telling the audience; 'Well, he pissed me off ' .. is a bit over the top, even for Baker! :D

he's lost the plot totally..

Youre not going to believe this, but Im reading this thread and listening it Coast to Coast am, and Pressed Rat Warthog comes on in their bumper music!

8-)

Register Sign in to join the conversation