Other Players

And He’s “Still Prancing”

David Frost recently conducted an extended interview with Paul McCartney that was published to YouTube about six weeks ago. I watched it this morning and found it to be pretty interesting.

While I have generally always enjoyed McCartney, and have been a fan of his talents, many of his interviews I have found to be cloying, and too sugary with his frequent and seemingly lifelong desire to be "cute." This interview, perhaps because it was conducted by David Frost, is a bit more reflective, insightful, and self-analytical.

Among other things, McCartney talks about his early beginnings, his songwriting with John Lennon, the Beatles' rise to fame, his thoughts on Yoko and the tensions that existed during recording sessions (and generally within the band) due to her presence, Alan Klein's desire to manage the band and McCartney's role in causing the Beatles' breakup, his marriage to Linda Eastman and her subsequent battle with cancer, fatherhood, and his visit to the White House to spend a musical evening with President Obama.

"It'd be pretty sad to be prancing around on a stage at forty." He's still prancing.

David Frost Interview with Paul McCartney

By the way, two things to watch for:

1. Try to avoid looking at David Frost's socks during the interview.
  2. Watch for the photograph of Elvis Presley and check out the guitar that he is playing/holding.

Best thing I've seen on AlJazeeraEnglish·:D

Did he talk about when he died in 1967? 8-o

You may have to watch to see that, Hermitt.

– Hermitt

– Hermitt

Those claims were somewhat exaggerated.

– Hermitt

– Hermitt

He got better.

– Hermitt

He got better.

– kevin waddle

– Hermitt

He got better.

– K-Wad

I think that was from being turned into a newt.

What's wrong with his socks? Rocking these bad boys today...

You guys are sartorially crippled, I swear. ;-) ;-)

Bonedaddy, I thought those shoes went out with the hoola-hoop. 8-o :)

At least you don't have the "dreaded" tassels!

– General_Lee

– General_Lee

Not sure I'm following you. They are not penny loafers ;-)

You wouldn't be talkin' about my blue suede shoes now would you?8-)

My bottom left hand screen has some kind of Aljazeera image...what's that about?

Great to see this. Still going after 50 years~!

My bottom left hand screen has some kind of Aljazeera image...what's that about?

– alan mortensen

– arm1151 / Dustyroad

That is Arabic for "WARNING: Virus will begin downloading in 9 seconds..."

Bonedaddy, I don't think that you must have viewed the video. Your socks make quite the sartorial statement. I was curious, though, if you like David Frost's socks?

I will watch the Frost interview, but I'm sure it can't top the interview Macca did with Chris Farley. Gotta go find that link now...

Bonedaddy, I don't think that you must have viewed the video. Your socks make quite the sartorial statement. I was curious, though, if you like David Frost's socks?

– Ric12string

– Ric12string

Yeah, the red was good. I'd have gone for a pattern though ;-)

– alan mortensen

That is the company that Al Gore just sold Current TV to for $100 Mil to try to skirt increasing taxes....

http://newsbusters.org/blog...

Sad to see they sold to Aljazeera. I've been to Currents TV's offices a few times (in San Fran). They were a customer of a company I worked for in the past.

I'd read earlier that TWC terminated their agreement with Current TV after news of the sale. It seems to be corroborated here in the article you linked:

""Our agreement with Current has been terminated and we will no longer be carrying the service. We are removing the service as quickly as possible," the company said in a statement"

i wonder if direct tv is going to keep it?

Register Sign in to join the conversation