Pickups

what was the bucker

Well in this Melody Maker scene, I have concluded that even when stock bridge single coil is replaced with the on-order DiMarzio splitbucker that is the same exact shape, I am still going to need a neckbucker sound.

I am not going to hack this clean '62.. but someone here (maybe Otter) mentioned this super thinbucker that can surrface mount.

Can't find the info somehow even tho it was a post I started. ir was silver, square and really thin.

Time to get one ordered up and installed.

National also makes one that is a scoch thinner. Ry Cooder uses a real thin one made by Thomas Grassl called the Flatbucker. I went thru all of this with my Honey Dipper.

I like this one on my Honey Dipper, but I haven't tried the rest. What did you like best Powdog?

Thanks and just what I needed to know -- going to get the Lace and get started on this MM project. Lace sold out right now.

Pix when done. Also may use the Proteus idea for getting the wire down to the switch on this mahogany slab.

I like this one on my Honey Dipper, but I haven't tried the rest. What did you like best Powdog?

– Otter

I liked the Lace more. It sounded hotter to me and I like to play with some hair from the pickup. It was trickier to fit than the National since it’s slightly taller. Ended up having a custom bridge made to help clear the E string. Not sure if the MM will have the same problem at the neck.

Never got to try the Ry Cooder pickup. Kinda hard to find.

Register Sign in to join the conversation