On the 'tube

Chet Gets Down

This might be the whitest thing I've ever heard. Not to say it's bad, but in contrast with the source material... oh boy

This might be the whitest thing I've ever heard. Not to say it's bad, but in contrast with the source material... oh boy

– Otter

Then I guess you have never heard Pat Boone do Little Richard.

The best compliment I ever got was when someone told me I play like a black guy. I'm dating a black girl and she agrees lol.

Then I guess you have never heard Pat Boone do Little Richard.

– Bob Howard

Did you every hear Pat Boone's cover of Fats Domino's "Ain't That A Shame".....?

I bought this album in the late '60's and didn't really think much of it at the time. For me, not what I wanted to hear from Chet then or today.

And in Canada, it looks like we can't hear it.... "This video is not available"..

He was just cranking 'em out. You gotta have product for people to buy. Even his Beatles album is mostly a snore fest. By then, it all developed into a simple formula.

Just went straight to YouTube.

Yeah, understandably he felt the pressure to "just crank 'em out" but while I have every album, I'm certainly not a fan of every song on every album.

The best compliment I ever got was when someone told me I play like a black guy. I'm dating a black girl and she agrees lol.

– Taffy

A gal told me there was a black lady in my guitar when I was 21. I took that as a pretty big compliment. Now I think there's an old white guy in it...

Register Sign in to join the conversation