Pickups

T-Armonds in Filter’tron mount

MrMantis, I think this is the one you want.

T Armond Filtertron Mount

...and they’re in the EU which is handy. I’ve just ordered a set of T90s from them.

– Tsar Nicholas

Thank you for your reply. Very interesting, however there is no info about these exact pick ups on the tv Jones webpage.. I kind of want to keep the bezel look of the original FilterTron and I think I just out what detail I was missing..

Is that black plate the answer to my question?

These are the ones on the TV Jones website.

– Tsar Nicholas

Exactly. And they are the ones I want. I couldn’t find the ones you have posted on their website tho..

Maybe send them an email? I found them to be very good in correspondence.

They’re a small business, I bought my 6120 from them nearly 14 years ago.

I fitted them to a Firebird Jet. I used that black mount, it kinda worked but I had to guess how it fitted. The instructions were useless but when I discovered it wasn't rocket science, it was ok

Maybe send them an email? I found them to be very good in correspondence.

They’re a small business, I bought my 6120 from them nearly 14 years ago.

– Tsar Nicholas

Yes, I should send him an email..

I fitted them to a Firebird Jet. I used that black mount, it kinda worked but I had to guess how it fitted. The instructions were useless but when I discovered it wasn't rocket science, it was ok

– Vince_Ray

So it seems that black mount isn’t for hollowbodies.. Cheers for your input,

So it seems that black mount isn’t for hollowbodies.. Cheers for your input,

– MrManis

Oh don't listen to me, I spend a lot of time shouting at the TV. I spent a day recently wearing my daughters friends glasses, thought they were mine. Very similar but rather tight as they're for ten year olds

Hi MrManis, I just looked into that as I was also thinking about this change. So the screws for the T-Armond in FT mount with no-ears mount have the screws much more centered than the original filtertrons that screws into the bracing. Therefore I think the black plate should be the adapter for that and I would assume that it would come along with the pickups (though better to be clarified).

Here is another picture with this plate from a reverb offer.

Link

Please let us know if you have received a feedback from TV Jones directly. They are quite fast with that. It would be nice if they could add this little piece of information to their installation description.

Hi MrManis, I just looked into that as I was also thinking about this change. So the screws for the T-Armond in FT mount with no-ears mount have the screws much more centered than the original filtertrons that screws into the bracing. Therefore I think the black plate should be the adapter for that and I would assume that it would come along with the pickups (though better to be clarified).

Here is another picture with this plate from a reverb offer.

Link

Please let us know if you have received a feedback from TV Jones directly. They are quite fast with that. It would be nice if they could add this little piece of information to their installation description.

– blueflame

Hey Blueflame,

I will write TV Jones about that. The funny thing is that he already gave a negative response on that question to the retailer I want to buy the pick ups from. He forwarded the message to me stating that there would be an option with some backplate but he would have to check this first. Pretty strange... I will keep you posted.

MrManis, may I ask where in Germany you are located? And what dealer did you try to order through?

MrManis, may I ask where in Germany you are located? And what dealer did you try to order through?

– sascha

South West Germany. I talked to the guys from No.1 Guitars in HH.

South West Germany. I talked to the guys from No.1 Guitars in HH.

– MrManis

Thanks and welcome! I'm in Berlin. No.1 used to be exclusive distributor but everytime I asked they didn't have anything in stock. Not what I call good business. Haar guitars in the Netherlands offer the whole product range on their website. I sent them a message this week, still waiting for a reply.

Here we go..

I got an answer from TV Jones, however, not from Tom directly. Anyway. They do have adapters for 6120s and 'No ear T-Armonds'. He did not tell me if those are the ones I posted before. And, they offer a second option (which is not yet on their website). That one would be close to the one they do with their T90s:

https://tvjones.com/t-90-br...

Well, no again there is the agony of choice ;)

Register Sign in to join the conversation