Pickups

T-Armonds in Filter’tron mount

Has anyone replaced their Filter'trons with TV Jones T-Armonds in a Filter'tron mount? Did they drop in? Thoughts?

I actually went just the opposite in my Jet,TVJ Powertrons in place of my TArmonds. But I would think with TJones awesome craftsmanship ,the route your looking to go in should be really as simple of a swap as what I had.

I got a green club I would like to do the filter to T-arm Swap..

I put them in a Gretsch jet Firebird. It was a lot of messin around with bits of plastic shims and foam, didn't get on with it too well.

I did install a GFS surf 90 in another guitar and it fitted very easily and I prefer the sound. Unholy I know, but that was my experience

Yep, perfectly simple ( for the tech who did it!).

I did it a few years ago. Easy operation, and I'm very happy with the sound.

I did it a few years ago. Easy operation, and I'm very happy with the sound.

– gretschoholic

Yours looks like the same 6120 model that I'd be doing the swap to; perfect. 6120 AM?

My guitar tech swapped out the original FilterTron for a TV Jones FilterTron Mount T-Armond in my '59 Annie and it was a very simple operation. Dropped in as a perfect fit with no messing about. Made the world of difference to the tone of the guitar which, to my ear, was a huge improvement over the original pup.

I don't have the guitar anymore...but it was a joy to play with the T-Armond while I had it.

Dropped right in...

– Bluecap

so damn cool... who do you gig with, loved to see some vids

Yours looks like the same 6120 model that I'd be doing the swap to; perfect. 6120 AM?

– Journeyman

That's correct.

That's correct.

– gretschoholic

Any going back to Filters in that guitar?

Any going back to Filters in that guitar?

– Journeyman

Nope. I have TV Classics in my other 6120, so I've got that sound covered. The T-Armonds stay right where they are.

Nope. I have TV Classics in my other 6120, so I've got that sound covered. The T-Armonds stay right where they are.

– gretschoholic

If this 6120AM sounds as good as I think it will with the T-Armonds, the Falcon DS might be going on the block. Like you, I have Classics in another Gretsch (6118) and I'm loving that; actually a Classic and Classic Plus in my case.

so damn cool... who do you gig with, loved to see some vids

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

Thanks, Tavo! Hundreds of videos on my channel that pay the bills so there's no need to leave the comfort of my home to gig.

Dropped right in...

– Bluecap

Wow,I’ve watched quite a few of your vids and had no idea this was you!!! Some very cool vids and some killer playing good sir

Wow,I’ve watched quite a few of your vids and had no idea this was you!!! Some very cool vids and some killer playing good sir

– Michael Williams

Very impressive ! I have seen some of these vids as well!

Definitely agree - easy drop in. Recently added T-Armonds to my 6122-59 and they sound great.

Cool db. You mentioned this plan at the Great White North Roundup. Congrats.

Register Sign in to join the conversation