Pickups

T-Armonds in Filter’tron mount

Has anyone replaced their Filter'trons with TV Jones T-Armonds in a Filter'tron mount? Did they drop in? Thoughts?

I actually went just the opposite in my Jet,TVJ Powertrons in place of my TArmonds. But I would think with TJones awesome craftsmanship ,the route your looking to go in should be really as simple of a swap as what I had.

I got a green club I would like to do the filter to T-arm Swap..

I put them in a Gretsch jet Firebird. It was a lot of messin around with bits of plastic shims and foam, didn't get on with it too well.

I did install a GFS surf 90 in another guitar and it fitted very easily and I prefer the sound. Unholy I know, but that was my experience

Yep, perfectly simple ( for the tech who did it!).

I did it a few years ago. Easy operation, and I'm very happy with the sound.

I did it a few years ago. Easy operation, and I'm very happy with the sound.

– gretschoholic

Yours looks like the same 6120 model that I'd be doing the swap to; perfect. 6120 AM?

My guitar tech swapped out the original FilterTron for a TV Jones FilterTron Mount T-Armond in my '59 Annie and it was a very simple operation. Dropped in as a perfect fit with no messing about. Made the world of difference to the tone of the guitar which, to my ear, was a huge improvement over the original pup.

I don't have the guitar anymore...but it was a joy to play with the T-Armond while I had it.

Dropped right in...

– Bluecap

so damn cool... who do you gig with, loved to see some vids

Yours looks like the same 6120 model that I'd be doing the swap to; perfect. 6120 AM?

– Journeyman

That's correct.

That's correct.

– gretschoholic

Any going back to Filters in that guitar?

Any going back to Filters in that guitar?

– Journeyman

Nope. I have TV Classics in my other 6120, so I've got that sound covered. The T-Armonds stay right where they are.

Nope. I have TV Classics in my other 6120, so I've got that sound covered. The T-Armonds stay right where they are.

– gretschoholic

If this 6120AM sounds as good as I think it will with the T-Armonds, the Falcon DS might be going on the block. Like you, I have Classics in another Gretsch (6118) and I'm loving that; actually a Classic and Classic Plus in my case.

so damn cool... who do you gig with, loved to see some vids

– TheNocturneBrain

Thanks, Tavo! Hundreds of videos on my channel that pay the bills so there's no need to leave the comfort of my home to gig.

Dropped right in...

– Bluecap

Wow,I’ve watched quite a few of your vids and had no idea this was you!!! Some very cool vids and some killer playing good sir

Wow,I’ve watched quite a few of your vids and had no idea this was you!!! Some very cool vids and some killer playing good sir

– Michael Williams

Very impressive ! I have seen some of these vids as well!

Definitely agree - easy drop in. Recently added T-Armonds to my 6122-59 and they sound great.

Cool db. You mentioned this plan at the Great White North Roundup. Congrats.

Hey guys,

I would love to replace my stock TV Jones classic in my 6120 Setzer Hot Rod with some T-Armonds, just as many of you seem to have accomplished. However, I truly wonder how you managed that instalment in the end!

Over a retailer from Germany I have been in contact with TV and he says it would not be possible, which makes sense considering the hollowness in that guitar where the screws of the ‚no ear’ T-Armonds should bite.

So please fill me in ;)

Thank you in advance!

TV pickups are available in universal mount. He provides ears with them so you can english mount them.

TV pickups are available in universal mount. He provides ears with them so you can english mount them.

– Twom

Thanks for your reply. But English mount won’t work for me..

Definitely agree - easy drop in. Recently added T-Armonds to my 6122-59 and they sound great.

– db62

Hey DB,

can you please tell me how you installed those pus? I’d love to do the same mod to my 6120..

cheers!

Register Sign in to join the conversation