Pickups

T-Armond Pickup Orientation

I've tried to contact TV Jones to learn the recommended orientation for a set of T-Armonds with no luck; want to understand whether slugs are in or out for bridge and neck positions.

Thanks in advance.

they are not really slugs..they are actual magnets..thats what makes them so great!! adjustable magnet polepieces!!

neck pup mags toward headstock

bridge pup mags toward bridge

adj screws on inside facing each other

cheers

Unless you want a mellower bridge tone and a hollower neck tone, in which case you turn them around.

per the documentation that comes with the pickups:

"we recommend install the T-Armonds as shown below, with BOTH neck and bridge magnets facing north (facing the neck) note: For brighter bridge tone, turn bridge pickup 180 degrees "

So there you go. I tried it his way and didn't like it. I didn't at all care for the thicker, meatier bridge tone - turned it 180 and prefered the thinner, yet very twangy sound. But I don't play with overdrive much and I like it sparkly clean. I say try it both ways.

Unless you want a mellower bridge tone and a hollower neck tone, in which case you turn them around.

– Proteus

haha...nice!

or no tone in which case you remove them altogether!!

there are recommended or time proven ways, & there are alt.ways...but ultimately trust your ears!!..fortunately you can switch with no problems!

cheers

In looking at photos of both new and used Gretsches with T’Armonds or Dynas, it appears that the majority have the poles to the outside and the adjustment screws closest to each other.

"Unless you want a mellower bridge tone and a hollower neck tone, in which case you turn them around."

Absolutely correct. I've tried it and it works well!

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Register Sign in to join the conversation