Pickups

T-ARMOND ON BRIDGE TOO BRIGHT

Hi there, I put a couple of T-armond on a custom made telecaster three way switch I love the neck and middle position but on the bridge position it sounds too bright and dry, it sounds way brighter then classic '52 telly bridge pickup, its loud and annoying. Any suggestion, maybe change volume knobs on 250k? cheers!

You know, I'm starting to think that doing the pickup thing might be better doing it like the factories in the 50's when there was no such thing as a separate neck and bridge pickup.

I wonder if having a neck position wound pickup in both positions might be the cure for you.

Why don't you put in a concentric dual volume pot and have a volume control on each Pickup?

Much nicer to blend the neck and bridge that way. Don't need to change original control layout and nobody knows.

Without treble bleed you will also tune out some of the brights as you back off volume on the bridge pup.

Yep, I had a tele with two T-Armonds, and ended up with 250K pots too.

Can you lower it?

– BuddyHollywood

Its custom made so I'll ask the manufacturer! maybe lowing it would help, thanks!

Turn it around.

– Billy Zoom

That's the first thing I'll try to do! cheers Miko

Yep, I had a tele with two T-Armonds, and ended up with 250K pots too.

– WB

that's the second thing I'll try to do! thanks man M

here's the baby by the way, how do you like it

Nice guitar! It looks like the bridge pickup is already turned around. Hopefully you can adjust the height. If not it looks like changing the pots would be the best solution.

Nice guitar! It looks like the bridge pickup is already turned around. Hopefully you can adjust the height. If not it looks like changing the pots would be the best solution.

– BuddyHollywood

Just once I would like to disagree with BuddyHollywood on something but alas, I have to concur with his input yet again!

Love the grain on that tele but also wondering if a very low output "Dyna/T-Armond" pup might be another avenue. 90% of my playing is solely just using the neck pup so it is easy for me to kind of dismiss what's in the bridge.

wondering if a very low output "Dyna/T-Armond" pup might be another avenue.

A pickup wound to lower resistance with the same wire is only going to be treblier

Just once I would like to disagree with BuddyHollywood on something but alas, I have to concur with his input yet again!

Love the grain on that tele but also wondering if a very low output "Dyna/T-Armond" pup might be another avenue. 90% of my playing is solely just using the neck pup so it is easy for me to kind of dismiss what's in the bridge.

– NJDevil

Ha! Thanks for your confidence!

Register Sign in to join the conversation