Pickups

Stratbuckers

Well probably more aftermarket pickups for this than anything. I mean come on Strat pickups are bout the same as Musicmaster, Duo Sonic, Mustang...

Anyway I am really digging this 22.7 scale Mexi Strat. I like the sound but I am in a musical scene there there can be no single coil buzz... I know Fender has some 'noiseless' ones.. what's the deal w/ them, are they really single coil? But of all the Stratbuckers, does any of them dial back the bucker sound a bit to more approximate the single coil sound?

I have a 2017 American Elite Stratocaster HSS. The humbucker is designed by Tim Shaw, and is affectionately known as a "Shawbucker". It is very well balanced with the single coils, and it maintains the Strat voice and spankyness.

I really like this pickup, it seems to have been very well thought out. They can be purchased stand alone, for about the same price as any of the other name brand pickups. They are black and white zebra.

Thanks ... will look into that one

I put the Fender Vintage Noiseless on my Strat. The coil winding broke on two of them. I replaced them all with Seymor Duncan Vintage Rails. No hum and I've played in many places with sketchy house wiring.

Entwistle ASN 57. Typical strat single coil format and size, but with an added noiseless coil, making it a humbucker.

Well worth trying and very cheap BUT Totally Excellent!.

£19.99.. about US $25 or so.

http://www.entwistlepickups...

ritchie bg

Entwistle ASN 57. Typical strat single coil format and size, but with an added noiseless coil, making it a humbucker.

Well worth trying and very cheap BUT Totally Excellent!.

£19.99.. about US $25 or so.

http://www.entwistlepickups...

ritchie bg

– richie...

He is doing itnteresting things -- I have his single coil and bucker p-90s with that Revelation 12 that's been for sale. They sound quite good!

He's been designing pickups as long as anyone. I have Entwistle-White humbuckers on one guitar (made in collaboration with David White) I also have Entwistle HV58 zebras, Nemesis, and Nashville (the Nashville set now in my Country Gent) They are very different, but he certainly knows how to voice pickups.

ritchie bg

I am staunch single coil guy still and still say HiLo Trons are what God uses... BETTER than a '51 no-caster bridge, BETTER than a '59 PAF. But the scene I am in ain't the rockity roll / drums. It's a timid Michael Row the Boat Ashore kinda folk band and any single coil noise thru the PA is a deal killer w/ these dudes and not to mention tweaky sound dudes. But I have thought of a 2 pickup Vette with both on which kills off a lot of buzz so I can use God's Own Pickup in this setting

Register Sign in to join the conversation