Pickups

Rickenbacker Toaster vs. High Gain

I also have 2 of the Guitar Center 360c63 6 strings..... I always over do things! Unfortunately, I need to find a new owner for the others....but they are all equally incredible guitars!

I didn't know such a thing existed. Are you saying you're selling them?

Tubwompus,

Yes indeed. I have #2/25. I think it's the greatest guitar...with all the right attributes. If it had gold covers it would be even better... But I love it truly. It's my live guitar every show. Do you play yours out? What do you think? I have a 67 double bound blond...that has been case bound ever since I got it. I also have 2 of the Guitar Center 360c63 6 strings..... I always over do things! Unfortunately, I need to find a new owner for the others....but they are all equally incredible guitars!

– knave101

I don’t play mine out. I’m embarrassingly precious about some of my guitars and that’s one of them. Haha I love everything about it. Yeah, gold covers certainly appeals to my own aesthetic and if it was a more common model, I’d have already done it. But as it is, that one and my 1993plus (fireglo) are the only ones still with white plastic.

I love that Andy went with the vintage-spec neck (I’m also glad for my smallish hands when I play it. Lol) and the vintage TRC. They sound just great to me with their 60’s-spec toasters too.

Yes, they do exist....and they are cool! They have the "Look" and sound that we expect from a Rick, that many of us do not get when we buy a Rick.

I have two 360c63's 6 strings i'm selling. They are the best ricks made in my opinion. in fire glow.

Tubwompus, I find that unless I play a guitar live, I really never know whether its a keeper. The Rick we have is a keeper for sure. It plays wonderfully (much better than my 66' did) I'm not as careful with my guitars! a scratch here and there.

Yes, they do exist....and they are cool! They have the "Look" and sound that we expect from a Rick, that many of us do not get when we buy a Rick.

I have two 360c63's 6 strings i'm selling. They are the best ricks made in my opinion. in fire glow.

Tubwompus, I find that unless I play a guitar live, I really never know whether its a keeper. The Rick we have is a keeper for sure. It plays wonderfully (much better than my 66' did) I'm not as careful with my guitars! a scratch here and there.

– knave101

Tell ya what, I’ve used mine in the studio quite a bit, lately through an early 65 Vox Pacemaker & mic’ed with a Neuman U-87 and none of my other Ricks sound like it. Each of mine their own subtly different thing and that one’s no exception, just like the Gretsches are the same way. LOVE ‘em ALL.

I also have 2 of the Guitar Center 360c63 6 strings..... I always over do things! Unfortunately, I need to find a new owner for the others....but they are all equally incredible guitars!

I didn't know such a thing existed. Are you saying you're selling them?

– Afire

Here you go John.

The thing I like about these Guitar Center ones is that they have the right body shape. When Ric made OS 360 series guitars after 1964 they are super cool but the body shape is slightly different to me.

Register Sign in to join the conversation