Pickups

Question on the TV Jones “Ray Butts Full-Fidelity Filter’Trons”

I had a friend ask me if TV was going to offer this pickup in an English mount. I couldn't find an answer. Does anyone know?

At the moment they're just available in F'tron mount.I can send Tom a message and check it out for th e future.

If it's not too much trouble. My friend wants them for his Ibanez George Benson.

No problem.I've already send a question to Tauna and hope to get an answer soon.

When I inquired, I was told they were only making the Standard “Gretsch” Filter’Tron. I ordered them anyways and notched the base for my old English mount in my 70's Country Club.

Would sort of defeat the whole purpose of this pickup, which is about an a-z recreation of the original Butts FilterTron. TV even reversed improvements, like the adjusted string spacing. Why not get the Setzer Sigs if that's what you are going for. Or order classics wound to these specs.

I had a friend ask me if TV was going to offer this pickup in an English mount. I couldn't find an answer. Does anyone know?

– Bear

being that these are authentic reproduction, its filtertron mount only. ..but why not the setzer sigs?

Register Sign in to join the conversation