Pickups

Prismatone/Prismatone II

I have a friend who is looking for one of these. Price is (almost) no object. Anyone out there have a line on one of these?

I can believe it when he says money no object, they're virtually impossible to find. I was lucky enough to find one on ebay 5 years ago and have never seen one since. When I asked Sam Kennedy for some install advice he even knew who it was selling it based on the state I bought it from. That's how limited they are and even more so now Sam has stopped making them as far as I know. Kirk Sand told me he literally made them out of his garage so other commitments have forced him to stop.

I wish your friend good luck in finding one.

Thanks for the good luck wishes. He's going to need it. He's been at it for about 6 months already.

I'm just curious.....for anyone who would know, what would one of these cost if you found one??

I think I paid about 4-500 dollars at the time. Edit: more like 300 for the pickup as that was how much Sam was going to charge. But the install cost added makes it about right.

Made by Baldwin in 1970. Wasn't there a Gretsch tie-in then? The battery box I saw that went with it has a Gretsch ID tag on it. It's one of the best sounding units that I've heard. Someone ought to start production again considering the amount of interest in these.

I have a friend who is looking for one of these. Price is (almost) no object. Anyone out there have a line on one of these?

– fxsctt

Hi i have s prismatone II pickup with everything for sale

– fxsctt

– fxsctt

I have heard said, whether true or not I cannot attest, that Willie Nelson has a small horde of Prismatones.

You'd think that if something is so in demand, someone like Lollar or Duncan, or Tom Jones would jump on the bandwagon unless the market is just too small to make a profit from.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but there has been a lot of sickness in my entire family. We have yet to celebrate Christmas. Today is the first day I've been out of bed for a week.

I'd like to buy it. Please PM me if you have a Sam Kennedy or original pickup for sale.

Hey butts, I hope you find one. I'm just glad you recognize the greatness of the Prismatone tone.

– fxsctt

Has he found one or i have one for him

– fxsctt

Has he found one or i have one for him

I'd like to buy it. Please PM me if you have a Sam Kennedy or original pickup for sale.

– butts

Hi did you get my email? All the best

Hey Jerryfan, I shouldn't but I'm thinking about that Prismatone II myself. do you have the preamp too? I have the original SK Prismatone but not his preamp and it does sound a little different without it.

Hi Yes it has everythink preamp,volum control, and pickup

Register Sign in to join the conversation