Pickups

pickups and pedals

I find that Hilotron pickups do very well with my distortion pedals(I have an MXR and a Super overdrive) -Filtertrons work quite well too needing very little or no adjustment of the levels I use with hilotrons -Supertrons, despite being very similar DC resistance to the filtertrons , require me to turn up the level on the pedal quite a bit to get the same volume between clean and distorted. Also they sound mushier through the pedals. Is this because they're supposed to be higher output ?

put a boss pedal between your guitar and your supertrons.. the active line buffer should make up the change. Let me know what you get. (the active line buffer is "always on" so you dont need to engage the effect of the boss pedal be it a tuner or whatever, boss arent true bypass)

Thanks! But out of curiousity how can I put a pedal between my guitar and my pickups?

If you mean between my guitar and my amp and or distortion pedal I have a boss chromatic tuner and a boss GE-7 EQ prior to the MXR distortion and the Boss super overdrive Is that what you meant?

Thanks! But out of curiousity how can I put a pedal between my guitar and my pickups?

If you mean between my guitar and my amp and or distortion pedal I have a boss chromatic tuner and a boss GE-7 EQ prior to the MXR distortion and the Boss super overdrive Is that what you meant?

– Toxophilite

sorry I meant pedal board and guitar/pickups

Cool and thanks again I though so I do have a boss GE-7 EQ right after my AB box In my electric setup I use the EQ as a volume boost for solos So there is a boss pedal right in front of the MXR

Register Sign in to join the conversation