Pickups

Pick-up Mounting Issue

So I'm swapping out my Electromatic's pups for TV Jones. However, I seem to have an issue with the mounting brackets. My pups are mounted with a 1-hole bracket and a 2-hole bracket, and the TV Jones only have 1-hole on both ends. I can't find a 2-hole bracket on the TV Jones site. Maybe I need to get new trim rings?

Any suggestions on how to remedy this would be much appreciated.

Tv sells screw hole adapters for this application. Check his site again.Look under Hardware and parts, click on shim and adaptors- there is a dual screw adaptor for $5.

For real? I didn’t see one when I looked. Must have missed it. Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, you'll need the Two Screw Adapter Kit sold on the TV Jones website. Look at the information on installing TV Jones pickups in an Electromatic guitar. It covers how to install it. Also get the Tube Installation Kit for pulling the pots and switch, and having a fishing line to pull them back into place.

I'm in the process of doing the same thing with my 5422TG. I have all the parts, I just haven't done it yet.

I went and found them. Ordered what I need. Don’t know how I missed them before. Sometimes I’m kind of a bonehead, I guess.

Register Sign in to join the conversation