Pickups

Pete Biltoft strikes again… P90s in Filtertron cases

Definitely getting a set of these... I actually bought a set of these from the Duncan Custom Shop (horrible experience, never again), they sounded FANTASTIC but had reliability issues.. I trust Pete to do it right...

how does a coil fit between the E poles and the mounting screws?

IDK, but I think that's the problem the Duncan CS had... the mounting screws on one of mine must have shorted out the coil (I'm guessing)... Pete does a lot of custom work, so I assume he's figured something out, and they sound at least P-90ish.

This is a good thing. Now if we could only get P90's in a Dynasonic cover. IIRC Lollar has some but they're reverse wound and I've not anything good about them. Not anything bad either, but...

This is a good thing. Now if we could only get P90's in a Dynasonic cover. IIRC Lollar has some but they're reverse wound and I've not anything good about them. Not anything bad either, but...

– lx

I remember TV Jones was going to offer his T-90s in the Dyna "surround/case"... but I don't think he ever did? They are the same size as T-Armonds, so I would see why not?

– lx

that's exactly what the old dearmond 2k's were...usa made..designed by pup genius -bill turner...on many of the dearmond guitars from the 1999-2002 period...

they look like dynas ..with elevator spring system in place...but use slug polepieces and bar magnet below bobbin...like a p90

great pickups!

cheers

ps- just know that a great part of the p90 tone is from the large size of the bobbin... smaller bobbins are needed to fit a filtertron shell, which probably means thinner wire is used as well...so many differences right there

still interesting tho

cheers

He makes REALLY good sounding P90s including a sweet sounding bridge blade p90. At least as it sounded in an Epiphone Riviera I installed them in.

I'm gonna say though gabojo shouldnt call a p90 in a filtertron pickup cover the Ray-P. Nothing should sound rapey:) :)

I remember TV Jones was going to offer his T-90s in the Dyna "surround/case"... but I don't think he ever did? They are the same size as T-Armonds, so I would see why not?

– ruger9

he makes them as a custom shop thing, still not production as far as I understand it.

he makes them as a custom shop thing, still not production as far as I understand it.

– TheNocturneBrain

Those are Dearmond-size tho... I'm talking Filtertron-sized T-90s, wth the metal surround... When the TAs first came out, and had the metal surround, people immediately asked "can you do the same thing with the T-90s (FT sized)?", and I thought Tom said it was in the works, but it never materialized.

In any event, I'm getting a set of these Biltofts. The SD ones I had sounded great, until they stopped working. I really really liked them in my Hot Rod.

– lx

Tom makes both these options, I have T90s in both filtertron and dynasonic mounts.

pss- on the cheap..the gfs ny II is also a dyna sized pup built like a p90..slugs and bar magnets...bars are alnico III!

https://www.guitarfetish.co...

cheers

– neatone

these sound surprisingly good

Tom makes both these options, I have T90s in both filtertron and dynasonic mounts.

– paul pigat

Hey Paul, you got lucky, or you got endorser privilige - they're not making the Dynasonic mount T-90's right now, I emailed them about it and almost begged.

Hey Paul, you got lucky, or you got endorser privilige - they're not making the Dynasonic mount T-90's right now, I emailed them about it and almost begged.

– WB

I know he made me a set and billy Zoom. He said it was difficult. I guess more trouble than it was worth to do a production

Yeah, I talked to someone there about a year ago and the guy was pretty firm that they wouldn't be doing them. Bummer.

Register Sign in to join the conversation