Pickups

P90 in a Dynasonic Mount?

Does anyone know who makes a P90 in a Dynasonic mount?
I know TV Jones is working on a P90 in a Filtertron mount but I haven't seen any in a Dynasonic mount? Looking for a low-wind vintage P90 - like a mid-50s Franz. Thanks team.

You could try this: https://www.guitarfetish.co...

It is supposed to be made like a P90 and usually gets decent reviews. They advertise it as similar to Rickenbacker pickups.

The DeArmond 2K is also supposed to be made similar to a P90.

You could try this: https://www.guitarfetish.co...

It is supposed to be made like a P90 and usually gets decent reviews. They advertise it as similar to Rickenbacker pickups.

The DeArmond 2K is also supposed to be made similar to a P90.

– Don Birchett

Thanks. I'll check them out.

Good input from Don as I've heard this question arise once in a while. There has also been a question regarding the difference between the difference between the DeArmond 2000s and the DeArmond 2K because people have confused mistaken them for being the same or know they are different but not sure how.

The 2K is warmer with P90-ish attributes with some actually preferring it to the P90 they would've liked to switch to.

The DeArmond 2000 is very different delivering more chime and twang and not close to a P90 and really sound like the current Dynasonics in current models of Guild (X-175 & Starfire II) and some current Gretsch models.

TV has made a few for thenocturnebrain.com 's Rooster guitar but they are difficult to make. IIRC Fralin (or Lollar?) makes some type but I don't know how close they come to being really P90-ish as the windings are different.

TV has made a few for thenocturnebrain.com 's Rooster guitar but they are difficult to make. IIRC Fralin (or Lollar?) makes some type but I don't know how close they come to being really P90-ish as the windings are different.

– lx

Yes, I recall reading about Tavo's Rooster and the TVJ's pups were custom wound for him.
Clearly I have to do more digging. Appreciate all the responses.

I think Proto guitars in Nashville will make whatever you want.

Register Sign in to join the conversation