Pickups

OMG new TVJ SINGLE COIL Tele pickups!!!!

Cam!!!!! Beta testing!!!!! I would have ordered a set as well, but I seriously don't have but one solid body tele, it's my #1, and I'm not changing it, even temporarily.... call it superstition, but it's PERFECT, and I don't want to upset the apple cart in ANY WAY. lol

from tvjones store site-

Bridge: Thicker more aggressive tone. Balances extremely well with the neck pickup.

DC Resistance: 11.13K | Inductance: 3.13H

Neck: Explosive tone, fills the room with harmonics.

DC Resistance: 7.32K | Inductance:2.21H

Tone/Characteristic:

Explosive harmonic overtones, supported by a thicker overall bottom end

Likeness/Derived from:

Tele® meets T-Armond™

cheers

Definitely going to be trying these in my baja tele

Cam!!!!! Beta testing!!!!! I would have ordered a set as well, but I seriously don't have but one solid body tele, it's my #1, and I'm not changing it, even temporarily.... call it superstition, but it's PERFECT, and I don't want to upset the apple cart in ANY WAY. lol

– ruger9

I've got a couple I'm thinking of that are nice but not great. This MIM is the most likely recipient.

The clips sound pretty good, but they're so hypercompressed it's hard to tell what they really sound like

[listen to the background noise]

I've got a couple I'm thinking of that are nice but not great. This MIM is the most likely recipient.

– CBell

Looking VERY forward to your report!!!

I'm trying to decide if I should BUY a tele (probably a CV50s) or BUILD one for these new pickups.... hmm.....

When I finally see this neck pickup its going in this Rutters 52 reissue, not messing w the Florance TE-60 as thats the ultimate bakersfield Don Rich pickup, but I want the T-armond sound in the neck like I have w my other tele.

Just ordered a neck pickup for my Baja Tele. Can't wait to install it and see how it sounds!

Just ordered a neck pickup for my Baja Tele. Can't wait to install it and see how it sounds!

– MacStevenXIII

Give us the full report when you get them. I'm looking for a project tele as I write this...

Did anyone get a ship date?

Hopefully by Monday February 8th (or sooner). All parts in stock, hundreds to make. Thank you for the support!

This will not be the first time that I will buy a guitar just to put a new TVJ pickup in it.

This will not be the first time that I will buy a guitar just to put a new TVJ pickup in it.

– audept

It's coming to that for me as well... damn. But I'll wait to hear some GDP reviews first, especially ones comparing the new tele pickups to T-Armonds....

It's coming to that for me as well... damn. But I'll wait to hear some GDP reviews first, especially ones comparing the new tele pickups to T-Armonds....

– ruger9

I have a T'Armond in the neck position of my 6120RHH. When I get my neck pup I'll record a side by side comparison of the neck T'Armond and neck Tele bridge. Granted the T'Armond will be in a hollowbody but it should give an idea of the differences.

– ruger9

I have a line on a sunburst American Standard Tele - may pull the trigger soon. Then I'll spring for the TV Jones pickups. Look forward to the reviews.

WOW,, amazing sounds out of that geetar. TV Jones did it again.

I've got an email in to Rock Audio.... looking for a tele body of specific color... if I'm going to build, I want what I want... if I can get the body, I'll start the build and order these pickups.

UPDATE: heard back from them.... they don't do custom orders, so I'll have to wait until they again make the color I want and have it in stock (trans black).

I just took delivery of this lovely telecaster (1996 American Standard).

This was a friend's guitar and he was meaning to sell it for while. Glad I asked him about it! Now, I need to save up for the pickups...

Frank,

Enjoy that guitar!! It's a good 'un!!!! Mine's a '93 American standard, and it's been my #1 for a very long time now.

Frank,

Enjoy that guitar!! It's a good 'un!!!! Mine's a '93 American standard, and it's been my #1 for a very long time now.

– ruger9

Thanks. I need to decide if I replace just the neck pickup or both (I'll probably do both). It needs a little TLC (fret polishing, wiring tweaks, maybe a jack replacement), otherwise it's good to go!

Sounds like TV Jones will be making a lot the telecaster pickups, so I hope availability isn't an issue when I order.

BTW - my number one guitar will always be my Gretsch 6120N. It feels odd not having a Bigsby to hold while I play.

What ever happened to the P90 in a DeArmond housing?

I would love a Tvjones Tele bridge pickup that was a P90, underwound Alnico V!

What ever happened to the P90 in a DeArmond housing?

– Billy Zoom

It's on the TVJ "schedule".... which means, years. He mentioned it when he released the T-Armonds filter mounts, but I wouldn't hold my breath on the P90s.... I'm sure they'll be along.... someday.....

Register Sign in to join the conversation