Pickups

guitarfetish.com

I bought a set of Surf 90's for my 5120 and I think they are really nice pickups.

I also bought a Soapbar 180 which I intend to put in my lap steel. I'm looking forward to that project.

I have never had a problem with guitarfetish.com.

Dylan

GFS is Artec material. Korean I think. Not bad at all. Wilkinson, GFS, Dragonsomething, Entwistle... All Artec and working stufff too.

Bonedaddy said "Dude, are you posting pics from jury duty, or are you done? "

check the other thread for my updated situation.. its 1:40pm and I'm still here holding up the wall. come on where's the entertainment on this forum I'm going stir crazy

I want to put one of their strat-sized lipstick pups in my Bronco bass

check the other thread for my updated situation.. its 1:40pm and I'm still here holding up the wall. come on where's the entertainment on this forum I'm going stir crazy

– TheNocturneBrain.com

– WIREDTURTLE here SINCE2002

Sadly (or not) it's been reasonably busy for me today. Not a lot of time for chatter online. C'est la vie... eh?

The NYII's in my Pro Jet came from GFS, excellent transaction. I would not hesitate to order from them again.

Dang now I find out they are out of stock on Strat sized 4.9ka nd 6k lipsticks... anybody have some extras... they also make Dano size, Dano mount but those aren't the ones I need.

I may have to shell out for Duncans @ twice the price.

@sixstringcowboy. Did you install the pickups? If so, how difficult was it? I am getting the NYIII for my projet and wondering what kind of work is involved. I have someone who is going to install them, but from what I gather they don't have the springs to adjust the height and will need some shims or something.

Hi Craig Harvey - just a note on the GFS NYs for Projets. I had a tech put NYIIs (not IIIs) in mine and yes, he did the job by putting shims beneath the pups to adjust the balance between each. Simple enough.There are no springs so you get what you set. My centre selector is biased a bit towards the neck pup, which is how I like it. Only SLIGHT negative comment on the NYII is that there isn't any pole piece adjustment. The high e on mine is a little weak. Other than that, i couldn't be happier.

Ironically, I just got a package from GFS the other day. My Agile AL 2000 with P-90's just got overhauled with new mini humbuckers, bridge, pots and caps from the GFS catalog.

The pickups are very nice, complete with rings, hardware etc... Love P-90's, but oy' the noise :P All told, a vast improvement in the tonality of the guitar now at an investment of $100... Can't beat that!

I installed a set of staggered AlNiCo V pups in my Strat from them some time ago, also a nice improvement.

My only complaint with GFS was a Strat body I bought a few years back, that was CRAP! Made out of pawnia or something? I should have taken the little woman out to Chili's with what I spent. Then again, you get what you pay for 8-o

They are a good supplier of parts in the economy range though...

Trying not to make this thread a TOTAL GF love-in but I just ordered a jazz pickup a la this clip :-

http://www.youtube.com/watc...

It's going on my G3900, sound of which is not bad but I got tempted to tinker.

Register Sign in to join the conversation