Pickups

guitarfetish.com

Anyone dealt with/gotten stuff from these guys?

I was kinda interesting in their lipstick pickups.

They sell all sorts of stuff.

I've ordered from them last year (tuners, though), and they were extremely fast & professional.

Got a pair of their NY 11 pickups last year, fine quality and prompt delivery to the UK

I've ordered pickups and a guitar from them. Great customer service. I've actually stopped by their warehouse, it's located about 45 minutes away from me. Nice guys! Great stuff at great prices.

I got some parts from them for a project Tele I'm putting together. Nice stuff and good prices, too.

I bought a lot of stuff from them and have always been treated right. I built a Strat from parts and used mostly GFS hardware. The only issue I ever had with them was when I recently bought their Fatbody bridge and neck Tele pickups and when I installed them the neck pickup wasn't working. I emailed them, returned the pickup and within a reasonable amount of time they replaced it with no hassle. It is the only time out of about a dozen orders that I had to make a return. These Fatbody pickups are like no other Tele pickups I've heard. They have the Tele tone but with added fatness because they designed them using P-Bass poles. I respect that kind of outside of the box thinking. I have also bought their Mean 90 neck pickup which I really like and a bridge and neck set of Surf 90 pickups which I'm excited to try in a near future build. I am a satisfied customer.

I've used their pickups and a few other doodads from them, excellent quality for the price. I also know a local luthier whose been using their stuff for years.

I have bought a lot of stuff from them and I have one of their Xaviere JT-100 Jazzmaster clones. I have never been disappointed with anything I've gotten from them, and their customer service is above average.

I got their Nashville Vintage Filtertron-Style Humbucker Chrome pickups to put in my Ibanez Artcore and they really made a difference. Gonna buy a set of the NY III pickups for my Projet soon.

I've owned or installed about 8-10 sets of pickups, and completely rebuilt an LP knockoff with all GFS parts (for $114 no less, including pups), and I've always been satisfied.

Right now I have Surf 90s in my 5120, Mean 90s in my SG. Most of the other guitars that had GFS pups were sold, but most of the time people bought them because the pups sounded great.

I've heard the Crunchy PATs (excellent PAF), Dream 180s, Nashvilles, Hot Liverpools, Fatbody tele bridge (also awesome, just couldn't keep up with the P90 in the neck), and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.

The only issue I ever had was with a pedal tuner that crapped out after 2 weeks. They took it back, and dealt with it very well. I think it's a good pedal, I just got a lemon.

I've been toying with lipsticks for my Strat, and a few others at the moment.

Really interested in their Jazzmaster copy as well, and have heard good things about the other guitars.

Well, good to see these endorsements -- they are gonna supply some parts for the BirdMan doubleneck project.

I have GFS Surf 90's in three different Gretsch guitars, and like them all. However, I email'ed them twice recently asking about the fit for another of their pickups in a particular guitar, and received no reply at all. :(

I bought a GFS Dream 90 (neck) and one of their GFS Pro Series Alnico II buckers (bridge) a few months ago and put them in my Schecter. Great pickups. I really like both of them.

I have a tele clone on my wishlist and am 99% sure I'll buy one of their Xaviere XV-610s soon.

Great quality and great prices.

BTW - Bob - I've had no problem with their email customer service. If their regular customer service isn't responding, try reaching out to Jay directly (jay-at-guitarfetish-dot-com). He's been helpful for me in the past.

where do their products come from?

– TheNocturneBrain.com

– WIREDTURTLE here SINCE2002

I heard they are made, no crafted by folks who managed to get out of jury duty !#$@% !#$@% !#$@%

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D Hilarious!

I heard they are made, no crafted by folks who managed to get out of jury duty !#$@% !#$@% !#$@%

– Bonedaddy

– Bonedaddy

then I wouldnt have a clue how they are made cuz I'm am knee deep in that sh$t at 7am tommorrow baby!

Dream 90's are my favorite pickups!

Bonedaddy strikes again. :D

Point of clarification, awhile back, somebody had mentioned that GFS nashvilles were the same pickups as Gretschbuckers. Thanks to Sir Proteus, who contacted me and said that if i upgraded and found the pups to be the same that he would purchase them from me, I took the plunge and put a coil split nashville in my 5120. The pickup was good quality and very cost effective, and NOT the same as a Gretschbucker. (The coil split tone, by the way, was a little thin for my liking).

Mark T, you are correct. The GFS Nashvilles are definitely NOT the same as Gretschbuckers... they ARE the same size, however. :)

Like several folks here, I've had plenty dealings with GuitarFetish.com, and have had nothing but great service. And I agree with Buddy Hollywood, the Fatbody Tele pickups are 100% fantastic.

I made a parts Tele with hardware mostly from GFS, and pickups from them. I bought a Les Paul clone from them. I have their delay pedal. The pedal had an issue with only sporadically working, but I was able to fix it.

Some of their pickups are sourced from Artec, but not all of them. Their pedals are Chinese (you can find the originals under their Chinese names on eBay).

I shop their online store first to get ideas, then look on eBay to see if I can get the part(s) cheaper. I have had good luck and good service from them.

– TheNocturneBrain.com

Same place as the Gretsch Corvette and Gretsch Special Jets! 8-)

are you sure? thats a tough joint, they dont even allow coffee breaks for the kids.

Dude, are you posting pics from jury duty, or are you done?

Register Sign in to join the conversation