Pickups

Full’Trons Compared to Power’Trons

I can't find too many examples of Full'Trons on the web yet. The only demo I have found thus far is overloaded with distortion, so I can't hear the pickup.

Both Full'Trons and TVJ Power'Trons are supposed to feature an upper midrange boost and more power. Do they sound similar? The TVJ PT is still brighter than a Gibson Classic '57, I wonder if the Full'Tron is the same?

I'm more familiar with the FastTrons, ShredTrons, ClamTrons, FuzzTrons, and TwangTrons...oh, and the LoHiTrons.

Seriously though. I think the Tron suffix needs to be retired. Stat.

Want me a ClamTron!

I'm more familiar with the FastTrons, ShredTrons, ClamTrons, FuzzTrons, and TwangTrons...oh, and the LoHiTrons.

Seriously though. I think the Tron suffix needs to be retired. Stat.

– Strummerson

retire the trebleSonics, shard'oSonics, razorSonics, jaggedSonics, seattleSonics and catheterSonics first!

Damn T. Is everything about stoking a FilterTron/Dynosonic feud for you?

And which side is the Yankees and which the Red Sox?

Come to think of it, I'd be interested in trying any pickup named YankeeSonic or YankTron.

And I assume that the CatheterSonics are for players over 65, no?

So, since this thread has degraded into random noise, I'm guessing that NOBODY has made the comparison?

I was just getting used to the new re-issue blacktop Filtertrons (pretty good too!); I don't think the FullTrons have been out very long. They may be the budget version of a PowerTron.

Full'Trons are on $3000 guitars, not encouraging if they are downgrades.

I think it really comes down to the fact that powertrons are nowhere near as popular as TV Jones' other filtertron variants, and the full trons are extremely new. Not many of us, if anyone, is able to give you an opinion on how they might compare as it's likely no one has been able to compare them yet. Hence the general lack of useful opinions on this thread so far.

Damn T. Is everything about stoking a FilterTron/Dynosonic feud for you?

And which side is the Yankees and which the Red Sox?

Come to think of it, I'd be interested in trying any pickup named YankeeSonic or YankTron.

– Strummerson

Yankees and the Red Sox are Strats.. the valid feud would be Angels (filtertron'd Gretsch) vs the crap Dodgers (Gretsch w gold hardware and dynas)!! :) http://rs265.pbsrc.com/albu...

Strats were invented in California, GreTcHes in NY.

Strats were invented in California, GreTcHes in NY.

– Strummerson

Gretsches are guitars... strats are noise whistles?

A GreTscH looks better in pinstripes than a strat. I'd say if anything, your SoCal teams are stratocasters. GreTscHes are old school, and thus lke the teams from the east coast, where they were made.

I don't know where Butts was from, but Harry DeArmond's shop was in Toledo. So I guess Dynasonics are Mud Hens.

Wasn't Ray Butts from Cairo Illinois?

(Asks the guy from Australia!)

Register Sign in to join the conversation