Pickups

Filter’Tron Roundup on Guitar.com

Nice write-up. Always hard to describe tonal qualities. Well done!

I found this very informative. Thank you. Gives a much better idea of the subtle differences between the pickups.

Great specs and detail. And a bunch of pickups I had never heard of. Obviously a lot of research and hands-on work went into this! Thanks for posting it here!

Cheers guys, it was a lot of work but fun too.

I'll let you all know when the video and sound clips are ready.

Excellent article Shuggie! You don't happen to have a similar 'Dynasonic' shootout do you??

Thank you for sharing this great post, I am very impressed with your post, the information given is very meticulous and easy to understand. I will often follow your next post. bmi calculator

The Dynasonic shootout suggestion sounds interesting, but it might be a bit too niche and they may not be enough of a range of manufacturers.

I'll see what my editor thinks about it.

Anyway, more of the same coming I'm sure.

Good, easy to read and compare, and informative. Thanks

So according to this info, the Setzer Sigs are unpotted. Did not know that.

Excellent and very helpful articles, Huw! Thank you!

I have saved both as resource/reference documents.

In particular I appreciated the explanation about some of the Setzer pickups. The first time I watched BSO Live in Japan (especially on Hawaii Five 0) I was knocked out. It was like hearing Gretsch tone made from pure concentrate - without any water! There is so much great Gretschiness, musicianship and fun on that disk I go back to it again and again.

The Dynasonic shootout suggestion sounds interesting, but it might be a bit too niche and they may not be enough of a range of manufacturers.

I'll see what my editor thinks about it.

Anyway, more of the same coming I'm sure.

– Shuggie

There are the Gretsch ones, the MIA Dearmond 2000 and 2K (also the newer Korean ones), Fralin, SD, TV Jones, Mojo, GFS, PRS (their "Type-D")...maybe others?

Thanks Rhythmisking

Duly noted

I'd like to add another 'Thank you!' for the Filtertron article. While further researching I noticed that TV Jones' distribution here in Europe must have changed. They are no longer widely available at bigger dealers. I know Deke stopped the shop, too. I found them offered at haarguitars in the NL. Anybody know any details maybe?

P.S. 'Hepcat' in France makes a Dyna replica, too. https://hepcatpickups.com/p...

Register Sign in to join the conversation