Pickups

Eko aftermarket pickups ??

I don't know what's stock on my Phantom 9... they sound ok

But wondered if any one was re doing those square white single coils on the Eko/Vox guitars of the 60s.

Actually DiPinto pickups sure look like them.

i'd think the aforementioned curtis novak could do one...otherwise you could always get your phantom pups rewound...probably just a typical strat type bobbin...it's the square cover that makes things tricky

cheers

Actually DiPinto pickups sure look like them.

That's what popped into my head. No idea what they sound like, but they do look like old Italian pickups.

Those are two places to start...

Will inquire and keep you informed.

Here's the email address for Chris DiPinto: chris@dipintoguitars.com Chris is a nice guy and is good with responses. If his pu's won't fit, he might know what does or even where to get some of the real deal EKO pu's.

there's a good chance that the asian made phantom pups and the dipinto's are the same!...or very similar....probably from same pup factory

not that there's any rocket science involved...it's just the squared cover that makes it unusual

cheers

*there's a good chance that the asian made phantom pups and the dipinto's are the same!...or very similar....probably from same pup factory

not that there's any rocket science involved...it's just the squared cover that makes it unusual

cheers*

You may be on to something there.....pretty sure those DiPinto pu's are Korean made.

I wouldn’t change them. Try adjusting them a bit. I used an Eko tramp for the Dutch sessions cd and those box/Eko pickups sounded awesome!!!

Register Sign in to join the conversation