Pickups

Dynas- neck and bridge the same?

I just checked the output specs on a pair of Dynas where the bridge was rated 7.5k and the neck 7.6k. Considering that the shells seem identical, I'm wondering if they are the same pickup.

They seem to be, output wise, although the neck shell is made slightly taller.

They seem to be, output wise, although the neck shell is made slightly taller.

– crowbone

Don’t you mean the bridge shell is taller? That’s been my experience.

Don’t you mean the bridge shell is taller? That’s been my experience.

– Tartan Phantom

Thank you for pointing out my latent dyslexia.

I'll be 75 in a couple days, yet I keep telling people I'm 57.

well, if you can get away with it...i'm 62, but a coworker told me the other week that i looked like i was 45 :)

Good question as I'm thinking to fit Dynas into one of my guitars. Maybe TVJ not sure yet.

My question is with the bridge at 7.5k and the neck 7.6k does it make a difference? T Armonds on the TVJ website indicate that the resistance for the Bridge is 11.8 and the neck is 7.8 and thier pickups are position specific.

Not surprised TV's dynas are position-specific, but wow I am surprised at that much resistance variance.

I'm guessing that if I were to use a neck Dyna in both positions, I'd lose any RWRP as they'd both be wound the same?

I'm still finding T-Armonds to be too middy.

I’d like to think they are different, but they are all the same....

RWRP.....first of all, Modern Dynasonics, and T-Armonds are wound the opposite of real DeArmonds, P90's, and most other pickups. Seymour DeArmonds are wound like real DeArmonds, and are out of phase with T-Armonds, and new DynaSonics. Secondly, you can order any aftermarket pickup as normal or reverse wound, but be aware that Reverse for TV Jones is Normal for the rest of the world, except for new Dyna's.
Thirdly, regardless of what anybody claimes, a RWRP neck pickup takes the twang out fo the middle position.

Register Sign in to join the conversation