Pickups

Distortion pedal with T-Armonds?

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good distortion pedal that would work with T-Armonds? I really like the sound of Tiger Army, but I suspect Nick 13 may rely on the amp distortion from his Fender tone masters, but maybe not. It sounds aggressive but still clear and obviously Gretsch, which appeals to me

Nick drives the amp w my preamp, but he is playing pretty loud and the tubes are cookin.

ps. dont get a distortion pedal for your amp.. get a medium gain overdrive preferably one that does not compress or clip the low end. You'd be really happy w a Timmy by Paul Cochran, seriously.

Which preamp of yours does he use? Right now I'm using an EHX soul food, but it doesnt seem to sound right with the T-Armonds. I'm playing through a 68 custom PRRI, so its got that "bassman" channel that breaks up nicely. Never heard of the Timmy, I'm gonna check it out. Just got a 53 VS jet and its funny because what were my favorite pedals, like my aqua puss delay, don't sound as good, but my Mooer digital delay actually sounds great with it!

Nick drives the amp w my preamp, but he is playing pretty loud and the tubes are cookin.

ps. dont get a distortion pedal for your amp.. get a medium gain overdrive preferably one that does not compress or clip the low end. You'd be really happy w a Timmy by Paul Cochran, seriously.

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

Fulltone OCD fits this description and works well for me. They are easy to come-by used. I've not tried Timmy but have heard good things.

I have an EHX glove that's supposed to be like the OCD. I'm in Kentucky right now, and half my gear is back in PA; I can't wait to get back and plug the jet into my Vox AC15 twin, that amp is amazing.

Tavo, I checked out your site and your pedals look sick, the Billy Brain in particular caught my eye. So that's made to pair with a master volume amp like my Vox?

Which preamp of yours does he use? Right now I'm using an EHX soul food, but it doesnt seem to sound right with the T-Armonds. I'm playing through a 68 custom PRRI, so its got that "bassman" channel that breaks up nicely. Never heard of the Timmy, I'm gonna check it out. Just got a 53 VS jet and its funny because what were my favorite pedals, like my aqua puss delay, don't sound as good, but my Mooer digital delay actually sounds great with it!

– Chmason85

He has a few of my pedals but the most recent is the mysterybrain (an atomic brain plus an echo base on the re301 space echo) ...anyway yes the Timmy.

I have an EHX glove that's supposed to be like the OCD. I'm in Kentucky right now, and half my gear is back in PA; I can't wait to get back and plug the jet into my Vox AC15 twin, that amp is amazing.

Tavo, I checked out your site and your pedals look sick, the Billy Brain in particular caught my eye. So that's made to pair with a master volume amp like my Vox?

– Chmason85

yessir

Register Sign in to join the conversation