Pickups

Deltoluxe?

Anyone seen or heard the Gretsch Deltoluxe pickup? It’s a soundhole pickup for acoustics. Supposedly a take on the 60’s DeArmond soundhole pickup.

Saw that; curious, but don't have a guitar to put it on.

I've only seen pictures. It looks good, and is supposed to be a copy of the De Armond 600. I have a couple acoustics that it'd work on. I've always had a soft spot for a flat top with a mag pickup.

If it sounds like the original, that's a great offering! If anyone gets to try one please report...

Cool, and not too spendy.

Pretty clean Id like to ear it thru a Vox

Does anybody have an idea of it will work for a 4 string tenor guitar? Can't find specific details on the technique and not familiair with how the DeArmond works. Ready to try it out though.

Does anybody have an idea of it will work for a 4 string tenor guitar? Can't find specific details on the technique and not familiair with how the DeArmond works. Ready to try it out though.

– UnclePaulie

I don't see any individual pole pieces. Should be fine for a tenor. Center it to be sure. DeArmond made both bar type pickups as well as some with individual pole pieces. Contact mike/piezo types as well.

Register Sign in to join the conversation